Replaced hydro boost

jesnic7

My truck has been leaking ps fluid for a while now. I replaced the ps pump/vacuum seals a month ago and replaced the steering box with a redhead unit, including all the lines. Just when I thought I had it ready to roll, the hydro boost started leaking. It was leaking a quart overnight from sitting. So I finally bought a reman hydro boost and when I got it home, I noticed it didn't come with the rubber grommet that goes through the firewall, the stem on the end of the plunger that goes into the master cylinder, nor the seal that goes on the master cylinder nose. I had to order the seal from the dealer ($15) for the seal. Then removed all the parts from the old hydro and onto the new unit. I finally got it installed only to find the brake switch would not close. The arm on the hydro must be shorter. I adjusted the brake switch bracket and finally got it to work. I am happy to have my dd back so I don't have to use my ecoboost for daily chores now! I will probably keep the original hydro unit and get the gasket set for it and replace sooner or later because I don't think the reman units are built with any quality.

When I replaced my hydroboost it came with instructions on adjust the length and swapping some parts over.

Back