Replaced vp now won't start back

chuggins10

So I replaced the vp an lift pump with a fass stock replacement. I got the lines bled and the truck started ran great! I drove it down the road an back just a couple of miles. I pulled back up and killed the truck, a few minutes later I tried to start it back up and it just turns over. It sounds like it's just air and no fuel. I'm just kinda stumped because once it bled the lines it ran great!

Its getting air somewhere and leaving the fuel back to the tank.

That's what I was thinking.and the lift pump kicks on. Would it bleed back that fast though?

Your old lift pump wasn't in the tank by chance? A friend had that issue on a truck he replaced the vp44 on. The person who installed the fass didnt remove the pump from the tank so it would only run for a minute or two and die.

No I replaced the one on the side of the block. There shouldn't be one in the tank as well should there?

If the one on the side of the block was still being used, you should be safe.

I hooked my modis up an all it's showing is p1693 mil fault in companion module. Grid heater code. P0122 Tps voltage low(I think that's just frOm the batteries going low) and p0230 transfer pump circuit out of range

Checked all the connections going into the pump and I would check the hose clamps on the inline fitler between the pump and tank to make sure those are not loose. If they are loose they could cause the pump to lose prime. I would then do a 5 gal bucket test to make sure there isn't any thing getting hung up in the tank. http://youtu.be/bpYHIoNl6Jw

Its getting air somewhere and leaving the fuel back to the tank.

Have you cracked the injector lines again to see if you can bleed it out and get it to run again?

Not sure if you have a way to check for small holes in supply hoses?

I recently had a no start on a 1.6D Jetta. N/A, VE style pump. I put in a boat fuel tank primer bulb before the fuel filter since these cars do not have a lift pump. I was able to use that to track down small air leaks in the lines.

Just an idea.

Back