Resurrection of the Hybrid Killer

JIT

Cummin in Hot
Does anyone remember this truck? It was built by Jeff Garmon and featured in Diesel Power Mag in 2009.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/dodge/0906dp_2007_dodge_ram/

0906dp_01_z+2007_dodge_ram+right_front_angle.jpg

It was in an unfortunate alcohol induced accident and totalled. I recently purchased it and a donor truck in an attempt to put her back on the road with a twist.

Last edited:
Drivetrain seems to be in good working order. Melted the compressor on the top charger, alternator, two valve covers and anything that was plastic. Tranny fluid is red and doesnt smell burnt. Cant really tell how/where the fire started. Whatever was used to put the fire out likely got into the engine through the valve covers but havent pulled it yet to check it. I have a spare P-pumped 24v Im going to drop in so the 12v will be put to the side for now.

Cab and front clip are junk but bed is still good and straight. Still has the ghost flames on the Tailgate which now that I think about it might have been an early sign of things to come. Ill add some pictures to this thread as we progress.

I had to drive 600 miles to pick this truck up but for the price I couldnt pass on it. Didnt know what it was un till I saw the Garmons Diesel mural on the tailgate. Donor truck is a complete 3rd gen 1/2 ton RCLB with a blown motor. Picked that up locally for $500.

Glad to see this thing is gonna be put back to the road. It was the truck that got me rolling on my RCSB truck project.

What did the guy do to total it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man o man, thats going to be a lot of work. I am not familiar with the truck, but good luck to you on the project.

Well I have two trucks, one with a donor drivetrain and one with donor body. How I end up marrying the two is still up in the air. Ill be doing some things a little differently than Jeff did, but at the end of the day it will be a nice truck built on a budget that is a blast to drive!

Whos got a line on SRT parts?

What did the guy do to total it

I was told... drank a whole jar of white whisky (shine), took off all his clothes, jumped In the truck, went out in his field and started doing donuts till it caught fire. Doesn't remember any of it!

I read he did a smokey burnout in a bar parking lot until the truck caught fire. Dam shame! Was a bad ass ride good luck with the project

Where in tampa are you?

Dang sucks to hear about that, I got a chance to ride in it back in 2008. Good luck with your build!

I know the jackass that wrote the article.

Always wondered where that truck went after it burnt down.

Last edited:
The guy that burnt it down, bought the truck 3 days before I found it was for sale at a dealer....or it would have been in my Garage in KY!

Back