Reverse light issues

01CumminsSport

CapeCodDieselPerformance
I did a search and couldn't find what I needed. On my 2006 I installed some 55watt HID reverse lights and hooked them up into the factory reverse wires. When I went to turn them on they flashed a few times and shut off. I know these trucks do that when there is to much of a load on the system so I ended up putting in a 40amp relay to turn the HID'S when it's in reverse. But now I can't get any of the reverse lights to come on even when the HID'S are unhooked. I can't find a fuse or circuit breaker anywhere for them so I'm at a loss on this one. Any help you could give me would be great.

Was it a white/lt. green wire that you tapped? Auto or standard trans?

You might have fried something inside of the PDC. Last time I checked they're about $800 for the average joe unless you or a buddy can fix the one that's fried.

Any HID lights added to any circuit should always have a relay put in before you turn 'em on. :poke:

Yeah I didn't realize these trucks suck when you go to hook up additional lights. I did the same this as what I did to this truck on my 01 and 03 and the lights work perfect on both of those trucks.

Do you guys think that there would be any problems using l.e.d. 's ? I was planning on putting them in my truck for plowing but have been hearing more stories about this.

OP- I don't really have much more to add since it's an auto.

Do you guys think that there would be any problems using l.e.d. 's ? I was planning on putting them in my truck for plowing but have been hearing more stories about this.

LEDs are great and are just the opposite as far as how much power they require. Depending on your setup, you might have to add something to get enough load so your "lamp out" light doesn't come on. I recently put the ones from retro solutions in my '01 and they work pretty good for plowing. I also put 'em in an '06 and they seem to be slightly brighter than the '01 due to the clear lens.

Back