Reverse Lights

D45

I want to find and run a small and compact reverse light(s)

I was looking at adding a single, compact LED light from Rigid:

SRM2 Driving

While these are 10 - 16 watts, they only pull about .63 - 1.1 amps.

My question: Would it be safe and effective to find the reverse light wire in the trailer tow wiring harness (that runs intheo the rear bumper plug) and get LED light to activate off of this source?

My question: Would it be safe and effective to find the reverse light wire in the trailer tow wiring harness (that runs intheo the rear bumper plug) and get LED light to activate off of this source?

Yip. :D

I just checked a the trailer wiring harness has its own 20A fuse

As per '03 Dodge 2500 Ram Factory Service manual (should be the same for my 2004):
1. Black -> Ground
2. Black -> Ground
3. Black w orange stripe - > Parking
4. Yellow w pink stripe -> Left Turn
5. White w red stripe -> 12 volt
6. White w pink stripe -> Right Turn
7. Blue -> Trailer Brakes
8. Purple w black stripe -> Backup light

So, I can just tap off of the #8 Purple/Black strip wire and wire up some reverse lights.......and even ground them into the #1 or #2 ground wires

Yes, you can. You can even just tap the #8 wire and ground your lights to the frame if you want. Just make sure the connection is clean and then cover it with some goop or paint when done.

The reverse light in my truck's trailer wiring harness is white/green stripe

I have the lights all mounted and they work great

Very pleased with the ease of the upgrade and the extremely bright light the LEDs throw

I want to find and run a small and compact reverse light(s)

I was looking at adding a single, compact LED light from Rigid:

While these are 10 - 16 watts, they only pull about .63 - 1.1 amps.

You can get more wonderful lights from ebay site. try it

Back