Reviving a Lost Build: Finishing what Laramie4x4 started

Legendarydslper

Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I have been on the forums because I was dabbling in LSX powered vettes for awhile...needless to say that is only fun for so long, not to mention the "car guys" are horrible to hangout with.

So...

I decided I am going to be buying Michael Shelswell's (Laramie4x4) roller, a 2006 qcsb that he originally gutted, and caged with intentions of building a drag truck.

I should take ownership of the truck in August, and the plans so far are to run in the prostreet class.

As of right now, I am going to be getting with Ashley Black on my longblock setup, which is probably going to be a destroked 6.7, but things are still up in the air at this point on many of the parts of the setup.

I will update with pics as I get them, and plan to keep everyone up to date.

Goal: Have the truck ready to make some passes at TS in May 2014.

Obviously any advice is greatly appreciated, as I am sure this is not going to be the smoothest sailing build...

I always liked that truck. I'll look forward to see what you and Ashley/or whoever do with the build!

Sent from my fphone

Sweet. I was dissapointed when that build ended. Everything he did on that truck was done really well..

I would just buy matt scotts rc/lb that already runs mid 10's personally. Swap in billet rods and bigger injectors, external gate, and some n20 and run 9's all day long.
Nothing against the roller you're looking at, but this one already comes as a running truck w/ trans and is closer to you as well. Just a thought

mattscott_zps10016b2e.jpg

mattscott2_zps06cfa466.jpg

I thought about that, and I know he has a ton of money tied up in that truck but I dont want to slap down 40+ grand at one time. Plus I would rather have something that me, and my shop and some help from a few others built. This way if something happens I can only blame myself. My shop is Legendary Diesel Performance in Kalamazoo Michigan, and I cant put our name on a truck we didnt build haha.

You could buy that truck and run mid 10's as it sits, for $20k-ish.

But if you want to spend more money building a roller more power to you.

I would sell it as roller for the right price. Or you can always put your name on a motor and nitrous

Yea ive got a 2006 QCSB 4x4 roller with motor and trans that would be cheaper than buying just that roller

I hope Matt can't sell his for at least 12 months........ By then I'll be ready to buy it!!!! LOL

Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I have been on the forums because I was dabbling in LSX powered vettes for awhile...needless to say that is only fun for so long, not to mention the "car guys" are horrible to hangout with.

So...

I decided I am going to be buying Michael Shelswell's (Laramie4x4) roller, a 2006 qcsb that he originally gutted, and caged with intentions of building a drag truck.

I should take ownership of the truck in August, and the plans so far are to run in the prostreet class.

As of right now, I am going to be getting with Ashley Black on my longblock setup, which is probably going to be a destroked 6.7, but things are still up in the air at this point on many of the parts of the setup.

I will update with pics as I get them, and plan to keep everyone up to date.

Goal: Have the truck ready to make some passes at TS in May 2014.

Obviously any advice is greatly appreciated, as I am sure this is not going to be the smoothest sailing build...

Back before mike gave up on the project i was helping him with his build and the destroked 6.7 is exactly what we were doing...well its accually a 5.9 crank in a 6.7 block...I wish he didnt give up so soon we had some awesome ideas for this engine..

Good luck with the build!

Back before mike gave up on the project i was helping him with his build and the destroked 6.7 is exactly what we were doing...well its accually a 5.9 crank in a 6.7 block...I wish he didnt give up so soon we had some awesome ideas for this engine..

Good luck with the build!

Probably why he gave up!

Well, some progress has been made. Working on shipping arrangements to get the truck down here to Louisiana.

In the mean time I have picked up a 6.7 long bock which will serve as the foundation for the engine build. Still undecided on connecting rod choice, and if I should stay 6.7 or go 6.4 instead.

True 6.7 with 14mm mains, girdle, Billet rods, tool steel wrist pins. D&J Precision Machine will knows how to build a solid 6.7.

Thanks Lavon, what rods do you recommend? There are a few I have been looking at. Carrillo, R&R, monster mikes...

Back