Rich idle

sledneck696

Hey guys,

This winter I got a smoking deal on a rclb 2003 Duramax. Its been a great unit this far. I recently added a full 5" exhaust, S&B intake, new fuel filter. I still have a real smoky idle though. Right from when I bought it I noticed it, I really notice it now. I have read about the injector issues with these trucks but its not white smoke its rich and darker you can notice it quite easily. Truck seems to run just fine, starts fine and has normal mpg. Still an injector issue or any other ideas? Its not causing any issues or check engine lights so I can live with it for now but would like to have it addressed so I can get some efi here shortly. Also at red lights i notice it alot as well you can kind of smell the fuel and see the haze come by the passenger window

Thanks Mark

How many miles? I'd have to guess its the injectors. My lly had 4 bad and it smoked occasionally and ran a little rougher than normal. Personally id spend the 80 bucks or what ever it is to have a dealership test them. On a LB7 you might as well have them all done at once since the valve covers will be off

135,000 miles

I dont know any history if they have been done in the past as I just got it whole saled through a local dealer. Also to me it feels a little gutless and doesnt sound as good as it should but that could just be a personal opinion as I was used to my lbz with efi, this is stock with 35" tires
Okay so I will have them tested this week and ya if a few are shot I will definately be doing them all

Back