Ride height of stock 1 ton srw.

Seventy468

I have a 06 extended cab long bed 3500 single rear wheel truck, that has been leveled... and by that I only mean the torsion bars cranked, or possibly keys replaced. I am trying to put the truck back to factory specs, including ride height (looks like truck is squatting to pee anytime you put any weight on it), so last night I tried "uncranking" the torsion bars. I got to the point where there is no space left between the key and the tab it rests on, (screw goes through tab to adjust key...my terminology isn't great so hope that makes sense) and the truck still looks like its sitting level. I feel like the front should still be able to come down some, especially because I'm only running 245/75/16's and they leave a lot of wheel well showing. I am waiting on a photo to upload to share with you all, but I was wondering if any of you had experience or advice with what I have going on here.

Thanks

23 1/2" from center of center cap to bottom of fender flare is what mine and all the others I have raised started out as. It may have aftermarket adjuster keys in it

Thanks, next time I get a minute to measure it I will. I also noticed the passenger side was farther out than the driver side... thought maybe it wasn't properly, but then I crawled underneath my fathers truck, and his was the same way... and his is bone stock, never been tampered with.

You were correct. The previous owner had installed the leveling keys and I wasn't aware. Thanks for the tip.

Back