Road Armor or Trail Ready

Either one.

Both are very similar....I can't remember if they used to be affiliated with each other or not.

I kind of like the simplicity of the base models without any of the tubing on them.

Another one is Alien Patrol......the original founder of Road Armor is the guy who started A.P. Bumpers are the same at Road Armor pretty much, from what I've gathered.

I like this A.P. Bumper:

05%20ford%20PRe%20runner.jpg

I like my buckstop its about identical to a trailready and are mounted to the pick up better than a road armor.

Attachments

• jons camera 057.jpg
    jons camera 057.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 74
  • jons camera 056.jpg
    jons camera 056.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 61
Well, it might be a Christmas present from the family. If I get one, my buddy's dad is gonna buy mine that I have now for his KR.

Last edited:
I've heard from a few people that the RoadArmor bumper mounts aren't exactly "up to the task".. If I remember right, Camotankers road armor got ripped off when his winch was being used, and that's not the only case I have heard of. I still wanted a roadarmor because I think they look the best and I knew I could always modify the mount problem. Fabfours would have been another option, but they don't care about us 2nd gen dodge guys. So I never researched the quality of their work. I know the trailready stuff is built well... The same person who designed the trailready had a hand in the roadarmor too for design....

Maybe they changed the mounting on the road armor then b/c mine isn't going anywhere.....

I like the Alien Patrol that DCSpecial posted, same thing I want to build eventually for my truck. I plan on making one out of only 1/8" steel so I can save as much weight as possible, I generally try to AVOID hitting stuff lol.

I may be coming through LA in a few weeks...my dad has brain cancer and I gotta do to FL, maybe I can stop on the way there or back and we can play in the mud, and you can pull my azz out since I'm used to sand, hehe

Back