Robts Custom Stereo Install

Thanks All....I hope at least it shows anyone can do this work and also shows the things I did to make it what it is

I'm jealous I've wanted to do a custom install in my truck for years just never have had the guts to gut it and try.

Update…

All sanded and ready for vinyl.

Will be getting it vinyl by a upholstery shop with stitching to make it look like it belong

console.jpg

Saturday night I did my back wall panel for all the amps being mounted behind the seat. It will be all covered in Artic Grey Vinyl like the doors. I used the top of the old rear end cover as part of it and attached it. From there I will cover it with Vinyl and attach. This will hide all the wires. Please note behind the panel all the wires will be nice and neat with Distrbution blocks and fuse blocks. All StreetWire of course
backwall1.jpg

backwall2.jpg

Please stand by for updated pictures

Here is the back panel all vinyled. I still have to fasten it and also move one amp over about 3/8" max. I think I decided to make a aluminum tage or plack to put above the amps. It looks like it needs something above it...just a thought

IMG_1555.jpg

Nice install for sure and awsome gear, I love seeing these installs, specially when its the owner doing it all himself. Those amps are awesome for sure, almost a shame they will be half hidden behind the seat. Are you going to maybe add a H701 processor to the W505?

I got the same dreams for my doors later on down the road. I know you mentioned wanting to redo them over, have you considered smothing/flushing the mounting panel right onto the door card? I'm thinking of something like this...

hybrid_build_121007008.jpg

Its for a single 8" but same concept of what you have, started with a single piece of 3/4" MDF along the bottom and up in the front, then mounted it to the door card and smoothed it in with some filler.

Looking forward to the rest of the build, specially when the console comes back from upholstery.

Yes....a processor will be added but not sure if it will be done by spring with the processor. Need to start wrapping these up and get back on the new motor mods..my turbos showed up this week

Do you have any worries with the amps gettin to hot behind the seats and all like that or did I over look it? I plan on doing something like this in my truck when I get me next system. Very great work. I love a clean custom setup like this.

I was wondering the same thing about air flow to the amps. My very first concern would be space for the amps to breath and some how a way for air to get to them so they don't heat up..

there is a ton of room from the top of the amps to the rear of the seat. The tops of the amps are the heat sinks and they help remove the heat. Thats why you let them breath. If I run into trouble I can always add a fan or two to the cover

Ah ok. How are you going to secure the center consule down out of curiosity? Will it mount in the original mounting holes?

Just woundering if there are any updates and how the rest of the install went/is going?

Sick stereo, making the jl audio zr's on 600.4 hd and (2) 10 w6's on a 750.1 hd i'm ordering soon look *****!! Quick question though, wy so much work and no dynamat?

Back