Rockland Standard Gear NV271HD t-case...

LOGANSTANFORTH

WORKIN' MAN'S DOLLAR
I was at the PRI Show today in Orlando and I was asking them about building me a 271 to put in my Cummins. He said he would start with a heavier Ford case, machine it down in the front for an adaptor ring to bolt on the Dodge automatic and it's the same length as stock and bolts right on, all upgraded bolts and studs, install front and rear output flanges instead of a rear slip yoke and front fixed yoke so I can use a 1410 front driveshaft and 1480 rear shaft, no vacuum lines if you don't have a CAD, 6 pinion planetary, heavier chain, drilled and tapped chain inspection port, and a slew off other upgrades for 1000 shipped, and that is 100 percent brand new parts and no core charge...

I asked him how much abuse it would take and he laughed and told me I would have a hard time breaking it, it would be almost impossible, I looked him dead in the eyes and said "challenge accepted", he laughed and said "f@&k yeah" that is what I like to hear from my customers and gave me a first bump, this will be fun...

Or, you can buy a used for case for $500 and change the input shaft.

You still have to move stuff cause you have to use an adapter ring from Ford to dodge pattern which makes the unitunit longer and it has no upgrades plus this one is 100 percent brand new, zero used parts and has a warranty from the way he talked...

You still have to move stuff cause you have to use an adapter ring from Ford to dodge pattern which makes the unitunit longer and it has no upgrades plus this one is 100 percent brand new, zero used parts and has a warranty from the way he talked...

NO adapters needed. A ford 271 case will bolt right up to a nv4500 or nv5600 as long as you are using the correct input shaft.

Is there someone specific to talk to? I am very interested.

Yes, George Kreppein Jr., vice president of engineering, 631 226 1448

I was unaware they had more than one case pattern. Mine bolted right on.

NO adapters needed. A ford 271 case will bolt right up to a nv4500 or nv5600 as long as you are using the correct input shaft.

That's good but dosent help me since my truck is an automatic...

correct, I've used two of them. One behind a 47RE and one behind a NV5600. Just need to swap the input shaft.

yeah doesnt matter auto or stick.. use the right input and it will work.. i have both cases in my garage right now.. one for a 48re and another for my 4500... inputs only diff.. both bolt up.. one sa 271 manual.. others a 273 auto

He told me the ford case was longer, and that the ford wasnt clocked correctly for the dodge. Don't kill the messenger, I'm just repeating what the man designing and building them said...

They are clocked a hair lower. Not enough to matter. Longer? If you are upgrading to 1480 then you are getting new drive lines anyway.

$1000 isnt bad if it come with the 1480 flange and a written warranty. Sounds like a sales pitch to me though.

So once about every third year a thread like this pops up and they dodge guys end up retaining their dodge 271s due to the stronger main shaft. I find it comical.

They are clocked a hair lower. Not enough to matter. Longer? If you are upgrading to 1480 then you are getting new drive lines anyway.

It is quite a bit lower.

As for $1000 with all new parts...have you priced any of the parts? Case halves are about $300 a piece. I would be a bit cautious.

Last edited:
It is quite a bit lower.

As for $1000 with all new parts...have you priced any of the parts? Case halves are about $300 a piece. I would be a bit cautious.
So are you saying this price is expensive, or their quote sounds very low?

$1000 isnt bad if it come with the 1480 flange and a written warranty. Sounds like a sales pitch to me though.

It is quite a bit lower.

It is quite a bit lower.

So are you saying this price is expensive, or their quote sounds very low?

I emailed him this week and he told me that is why he uses the adapter because of the clocking of the T-case, I misunderstood him when we talked at the show cause it was noisy as all hell there. Those parts are cheaper than what you will ever pay cause they are buying them direct from the manufacturer, not retail or semi wholesale. All RSG does is build manual transmissions, transfer cases, and front diffs and a few other things, just my experience with them in F-bodies and Corvettes makes me want to buy from them. Him and transfercaseexpress.com are direct competitors and he knows the guy very well, from the way he talked they may have worked together at some point but don't quote me on it. He has several sled pullers in New York running his cases and they are holding up good. I'm willing to put my money up to see how good they are...

Back