roots and turbo

I honestly don't know if it would be a problem or not. I don't know the amount of intake heat you would see under a sharp load from the blower.

What kind of terrain/where are you running this rig?

it is a true all purpose vehicle. drive it on the road, highways to and from trails and everywhere in between. some trails driving 7 hrs to get there and run the trail then home. everywhere from low elevation of death valley to high elevation of 9500 or more in the sequoias. its been a great combo. just needs some air to get it going.

it also doesn't really take any skill or finesse... just power and tires

haha yeah i just ignored his comment about that. different strokes for different folks. but we're into our cummins. at least we agree on that.

Last edited:
i talked with a couple of guys much more knowledgeable with superchargers than me. including kenne bell. they say the tolerances in the blower wouldnt allow much of the turbo to blow thru. so i think unless i have bypasses all over the place and some complex stuff going on, it wouldnt be worth my while. also the charger would be blowing full boost cruising at 1800, 2000 rpm hurting economy. so i think im going to go back to sizing my compound turbos better.

HHmmm sorry to hear but better than finding through trial and error that it wouldn't have been effective.

I would like to see a centrifugal supercharger and a small compressor in a set of twins. I know there are sets around but i'm not sure how the plumbed them.

Back