roots and turbo

thanks, true dont need a lot while crawling but do drive on the street as well so the recommendations of a 62 or 66 turbo hold true for the remainder of the 300 to 350 equation?

I don't think so... a stock 5.9 will make 300hp pretty easy with an HE341 at 25psi... feed that into your blower and it oughta do pretty well

You only need to make 20 psi so you may as well do it with a large A/R and the least amount of restriction possible. To go into it even deeper, you can now run overlap on the cam and "waste" a little boost to help scavenge the cylinders and cool things off if you spec the cam properly.

I'm looking at the TVS2300 on a dmax with parallel turbos.

I think your problems are elsewhere if you don't have enough power a he341 or 351 would easily support 300 hp on a 3.9 I did 500 with a he351 on my common rail!? What are yor pump settings spring timing fuel pin afc lever? What sticks?

good point... don't need such a small hot side to make the boost, the blower will help. But, we're still talking about a stock-ish 3.9 with stock cam and head... add some altitude in the mix, and I'd want as much bottom end air as possible

I think your problems are elsewhere if you don't have enough power a he341 or 351 would easily support 300 hp on a 3.9 I did 500 with a he351 on my common rail!? What are yor pump settings spring timing fuel pin afc lever? What sticks?

you did 500, but were you rock crawling with 2/3 the displacement? his engine will have to rev 33% higher than yours to get the turbo motivated

awesome info! superiorram, im not lacking in power with the 341 just not able to get things lit soon enough.

Well how is your timing set what pump I've been playin with rotary pumps forever well since before it was cool to, What injectors are you looking for more power in this thread or just gunna do it (cause iv been there to)

you did 500, but were you rock crawling with 2/3 the displacement? his engine will have to rev 33% higher than yours to get the turbo motivated
sorry I blew up Forrest
i was just stating what a turbo is capable of
Wow what's rock crawling? oh yeah that's for thoes that can't hack it in the mud (check sig) yeah I said it
dis place ment huh? Maybe I'll understand that someday iv been told that a 5.9 would never make 600hp well does displacement really limit us NO
33% higher than a cr well not with out some ballancing... But let's see back when you had a 351 on yer cr's it started spooling when (I can't remember ) but right quick with the right with the correct fuel air timing
I've tinkered with a few 4b's my friend looking at one now but it's a 4btaa inline pump

Last edited:
say your HE351 will make 20psi at 1500rpm... his little 4BT will need ~2250rpm to get the turbo spinning at the same clip... possibly more because you're comparing a 4v head with CR injection pressures.

he's only looking for 300-350hp, so the HE351 would support that just fine... port the wastegate hole out to 1", and feed it through that little blower, and that 4BT will run feel pretty dang snappy! :D

I want my 12v setup like this!!!!! I always thought it was awesome how detroit had a supercharged 2stroke. I undertand the efficiancy differences in most of the types of chargers but I would enjoy being the oddball and having something different.

The 2 strokes had to have a blower just to run. A 2 stroke diesel is different than a 2 stroke gasser. I hear ya on wanting something different. I've wasted a lot of money in my life doing just that! LOL

Hmph!!! I never knew there wa a difference. I'm glad someone told me so I wont ever sound like an idiot. Were they quick accelerators like a 2stroke or supercharged gasser?

The 2 strokes had to have a blower just to run. A 2 stroke diesel is different than a 2 stroke gasser. I hear ya on wanting something different. I've wasted a lot of money in my life doing just that! LOL

blown-59l-cummins.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow what's rock crawling? oh yeah that's for thoes that can't hack it in the mud

Funny, I never had my asshole pucker while mudding quite like rock crawling....

OP Great project. I cant count the times i've talked with my brother about your exact combo. Even had a 4bt from a case loader lined up once.

Not sure if the M90 is bottom or rear outlet but I would fabricate a liquid aftercooler for the supercharger from a tube and fin cooler (trans cooler/ac condensor) to reclaim the heat from the supercharger.

I agree with forrest on the turbo. A 351 should do what you want and not require another investment in a huffer.

the m90 i have is bottom outlet/ or top i could run it either way. yeah im trying to figure out a way to cool the charge from it. or would it not be a problem? i have a big charge cooler already for my turbo and it will be blowing into the m90

Back