rotators

Tragic

I have made some rotators for the 12 valve, I have them on my truck and running them for about 6 months (no issues)

would anyone else like to try them? I only have enough to do 2 more enignes.

you install on the bottom, got the idea from k38 engine.

forgot to mention, you cant use the top hat seal with these, you would have to use the old style seal

Last edited:
Valve rotators I assume. Helps keep carbon build up off the seats and valve sealing surfaces.

Huh never heard of them before. Isn't that what fast pulls up a steep grade is for? :hehe:

Do you mind posting a picture of what you made? Just curious...

--Eric

sure, but it just looks like a regular rotator, I made a drawing of a k19 rotator with my measurement of what I wanted, had the factory make me a sample, I did not like that I didnt measure for the hat valve seal, so I have another drawing with the correct measurements,. as soon as I get those in, I will take pics

Navistar has used them for years. They have had good success.

sure, but it just looks like a regular rotator, I made a drawing of a k19 rotator with my measurement of what I wanted, had the factory make me a sample, I did not like that I didnt measure for the hat valve seal, so I have another drawing with the correct measurements,. as soon as I get those in, I will take pics

We ain't smart enough to know what a regular rotator looks like!! 'cept Sinner. He's a genius.

US08136496-20120320-D00001.jpg

US08136496-20120320-D00004.jpg

Or if I'm understanding what he built correctly more like this
US4227493-4.png

The idea being a bearing that allows the valve to rotate freely rather than friction with the valve spring keeping it relatively stationary.

Sorry, my computer scaled them down to 600x600 when I previewed it, didn't realize I posted something crazy. But at least you can see details right?

Back