Rough running on and off all weekend.

Gotti2k7

Helping Global Warming
So we went up to the race in Gainsville. Left Friday night, on the way up my truck started spuddering and running like shiz, then the check engine light would come on it would do this for a period of about 15 seconds, then it would smooth out and run fine, and repeat a few times. Pulled off shut it off, got back on the road and it ran fine for over a hour. Then the symptoms again. It did this all weekend. No racing for me. The trip home today started the same crap, then it cleared up and 2 hours all the way home no problem. The snap on scanner we have i have to turn the truck off, then turn the ignition on to check for codes, and besides that the CEL goes off when it idles anyhow. Just curious to see if anyone else has gone threw this and know what the fix is.

It was scared of the competition? LOL, naw just kidding, I saw your truck and wondered why you didn't run it.

I bought a tech card, was just gonna run test and tune if it was running right..But i didnt pass tech, because i didnt have jeans. Anyhow. It almost seems if i can cause the problem when its running right by mashin the gas. Most of the time i can get it to start missing. WTF this is driving me nuts. Fuel doenst seem to be a issue.

LOL. Well on the way home from work today, the truck finally started running like shiz again, and this time it stayed that way. When i got home i jumped up there and unplugged the ICP sensor. There was oil in the socket. I wiped it as clean as i could and noticed it was wiggling, then with little effort i kinda broke it in two. Im praying to god that this acually the problem. Would that cause it to chug and run like poop? I guess ill find out tomorrow when i have to go buy a new one. I think im gonna try and take the valve covers off and see if the UVCH is all tight, and i bought a IPR im gonna switch out.

Well, new ICP sensor. No fix. Also got the mechanical part of the IPR switched out, no help. UGHHHH

Low and behold. Got it on a real diagnostic scanner tonight. Did the buzz test. 2, 6, 8 come back fault. Thank fn god. The plug was just about undone.

Back