"Round up" Catastrophe: Thanks, Monsanto!

manual_tranny

Cummins & TDI Enthusiast
Last edited:
Scary-YES, but check what Dow Agrosciences has coming. Roundup-Ready and 2 4 D-Ready!

This is some scary chit for us that rely on roundup ready varieties. And too add to it the possibility that this is a culprit to the detriment of animal health.

you can bet the chemical co. already have their lawyers working to get the blame off of them.

you can bet the chemical co. already have their lawyers working to get the blame off of them.

No worries, monsanto already owns several supreme court justices and most of the USDA.

Personally I feel Monsanto is the single most evil, detrimental corporation ever. There business practices are possibly the most underhanded shady things I have ever heard of. There doing a great job of destroying the business of agriculture in the world, and I don't believe for a second any of the studies labeling there products as safe.

No worries, monsanto already owns several supreme court justices and most of the USDA.

Personally I feel Monsanto is the single most evil, detrimental corporation ever. There business practices are possibly the most underhanded shady things I have ever heard of. There doing a great job of destroying the business of agriculture in the world, and I don't believe for a second any of the studies labeling there products as safe.

I agree. I watched a PBS documentary on them. BAD people!

Why is 2-4-D ready beans so bad?

I'm guessing they're referring to the tendency of the an ester 2,4 D drifting out of the field and taking out other untargeted plants since it volatizes easily....but I could be wrong

An amine 2,4 D will not have as much tendency to drift, but it can still happen (although not as effective of a herbicide as an ester).

Either way, I'm sure someone will come out with a formulation of 2,4 D that will fit the bill.

On the same hand, Dicamba tolerant beans are coming down the pipeline as well..

The more we talk about it the more it sounds like a start to a zombie movie.

Monsanto Soybean

Monsanto is also pushing a GMO soybean that is supposed to lower trans fats? It is called Vistive Gold, watch out for this one it is currently approved by the crooks in the FDA and waiting approval by the department of agriculture. Reason for the new strain is that supposably the demand for soybeans has dropped due the new labeling requirements. The excess was used for Biodiesel instead of food and the farmers lost money. "The new strain could command as much as 60 cents more a bushel industry officials say, rasing a farmers income by thousands of dollars". So what does this mean to the consumer, even higher food prices? Sounds like another scam to me by the government and Monsanto.

From what I have read on the subject, (and I've read quite a few things), the price of oil determines the price of our food more than the supply of food itself. We are producing way, way, way, way more food than we need to survive... and turning that feed into fuel isn't the devil so many make it out to be.

A farming magazine subscription I read made this point about ethanol a few years ago: corn being used for ethanol was raising corn prices $0.02-$0.04 per box of corn flakes. The spikes in energy costs were driving the price of corn up $0.20-$0.40 cents a box. (prices approximated from memory, sorry!!) The point is, our dependence on foreign oil is what allows our food prices to skyrocket... more than inflation and biofuel production/competition combined. :/

Last edited:
Back