Rpm's slow to drop

wannabecummins

Baloney Tugboat
Well since it my injectors back from testing, and having my stock tips puts back on ive had an rpm issue. I used two good used injectors from a friend to replace my two bad ones. With my smarty loaded in the lower revs my rpm's seem to hang. Slow to drop and then truck idles at 8-900rpm instead of 6-700. Also does it when coasting down in 1-3 gear. Doesn't do it with the smarty out of the truck. Only way to get the rpm's down is to hit the brake pedal really hard. Got a video to show the problem. Any thoughts?
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u113/walmartwalmart/b23365d4.mp4

What about higher revs?

I know nothing about your new age technology motors, but I can try to help accumulate some more info.

Do smarty's have different levels? Have you tried a different tune?

Pull those two injectors you installed. One you may not be seated all the way and getting fuel dribbling in the cylinder all the time hence higher idle or worse runaway. Also insure you have a decent copper washer on them pull the tubes and inspect the ends. Did you install them per the factory service manual there are simple but important steps most don't practice. Don't continue to drive it till you have it figured out. Good luck.

Chris

When I start the truck it idles normal. It does not rev up on it's own. All copper washers were replaced when they were installed. Injectors were torqued as per spec/sequence. It doesn't maintain a high idle. As soon as I load up the motor it drops back to normal rpm's. So far I have tried Sw2 and Sw6 and it has this issue. However with stock programming it does not do it. Also it only does it once the truck is up to operating temp

Last edited:
Back