Rudy's Updates.....

Wade and Kory made it pretty clear that the car is turned down. So saying they should run 1/4 is pointless.

Naaah never noticed.:hehe: We're all here to stroke your pretty peacock feathers though...:poke:

I understand all aspects on why one is preferred over the other.

When I think the sport as a collective I just think about the mid level players that would run in the 900-1200hp range. Weekend warrior type stuff, basically the foundation of the sport.

At the 5.9 1/8 level.... and quicker.... with the amount of $ spent on just blocks alone I would expect a machine not scared of its own ghost at the 1/4.

Trust me I agree the money spent at certain levels it should hold to the 1/4. The problem is that's never been the case. I don't know if it is guys trying to be a hero and they grenade it or if its the shear weight of the trucks or just the weight of the rotating assembly. A 5.9 piston and rod is a lot of weight to be slinging around. For whatever reason they don't like it. I've spent many hours in the stands at Indianapolis watching the crew mop up a 1/4 mile of 15w40. It sucks.

Naaah never noticed.:hehe: We're all here to stroke your pretty peacock feathers though...:poke:

You seem to have a propensity to stroke stuff.

You should probably go rent a 1/4 mile track, guarantee some payouts and throw a race so we can all see how easy it is not only to put on a world class event, but put on a real 1/4 mile show. That would shut everyone up.

You should probably go rent a 1/4 mile track, guarantee some payouts and throw a race so we can all see how easy it is not only to put on a world class event, but put on a real 1/4 mile show. That would shut everyone up.

I'm surprised to hear crickets at 11am

Last edited:
Where was said statement?

"We go on and make another hit with the same results and feel confident. This is running no lockup and less than 300mg if fuel... In other words, over 1200hp left to be put to the ground. Conservative, but competitive and safe while taking our time on the chassis."

Straight from Kory's post.

He wants to run 3s and it has the power to but it needs the chassis dialed in. All of this info is from his break down on the how the Rudy's event played out.

Seems his "1/4 Mile Extravaganza" is on jack stands......

If I cared to do anything like that it wouldn't be diesel specific. The diesel crowd drawn to events doesn't generate revenue like the gasser world. This is about revenue at the end of the day, not who wins. Anything less than a 60% roi is a waste of time.

"We go on and make another hit with the same results and feel confident. This is running no lockup and less than 300mg if fuel... In other words, over 1200hp left to be put to the ground. Conservative, but competitive and safe while taking our time on the chassis."

Straight from Kory's post.

So based on his correction factor he's got like an extra 700-800hp., cool.

With that said.... who'll be the first to a 5sec 1/4.

If I cared to do anything like that it wouldn't be diesel specific. The diesel crowd drawn to events doesn't generate revenue like the gasser world. This is about revenue at the end of the day, not who wins. Anything less than a 60% roi is a waste of time.

I think you are mistaken about how much ROI there is in putting on an event period.

…….probably Wade...… in a car tuned by Kory...….

You are talking about a a high 3.6x 1/8th to get to a 5.99 1/4. That is a tall order even for folks of Wade and Kory's stature.

I think you are mistaken about how much ROI there is in putting on an event period.

You are talking about a a high 3.6x 1/8th to get to a 5.99 1/4. That is a tall order even for folks of Wade and Kory's stature.

That's his goal at least. Wants 3s which would equate to 5s if ran the full 1320'

That's his goal at least. Wants 3s which would equate to 5s if ran the full 1320'

They are gonna gave to find some serious HP to pull a 5.99 with a 3.99 1/8th mile............ Like alot. It takes a few HP's to make a 2 second back-half happen.

That Bickel Chassis was well played and out thought almost everyone in the pro-mod class for ODSS. That being said I respect Kory, he's a self made multi millionaire whats not to love about that? He seems like a pretty nice guy as well but I have to call a spade a spade.. PPEI is a sponsor of the car, sorry to say but I doubt Kory had even anything to do with dialing that car in. Sure he may have gave some pointers or just talked about it but Rudy's I saw him doing a lot more PR work then tuning.

It's like Peak coolant with John Force, you think he's running Peak Coolant in his top fuel car?? lol

Regardless I applaud them for pushing the industry standard and building something new for the diesel race scene. I'm sure it'll break records and make Firepunk go back to the drawling board

But all these insta fan boys saying PPEI is the best jUsT LoOk aT ThEiR pRO MoD WiN but I've yet to see a UCC or any respectable ODSS racer rocking PPEI tunes, just my two cents.

Back