Rules question

2Tone12V

So I was taking a look over the Super Street rules which I will be running in for the NHRDA.
Why on earth do two wheel drives get to run 500 lbs lighter? They hook and go straighter than the 4 wheel drives do?

EDIT!!! 2WD is 5000 lbs min w/ slicks vs. 4WD is 6000 min w/ DOT's... I gotta be missing something for this to be right.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised nobody has taken advantage on that one yet...I guess the idea is that it's hard to make a 2wd hook on leafs or something.

Because "Tube chassis, back halved, 4-link, 3-link style rear suspension prohibited"
"Engine must be forward of OEM Firewall"

I'm surprised it's 1000 lbs too. Once somebody sets a truck up for 2wd super street, it'll be tough to compete with.

Also, if 2wd had to be at 6000lb, they would likely have to add weight.

Because "Tube chassis, back halved, 4-link, 3-link style rear suspension prohibited"

"Engine must be forward of OEM Firewall"

Until someone runs a 4 link with the leaf springs still in place and tunes around the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until someone runs a 4 link with the leaf springs still in place and tunes around the issue

4 Link and 3 Link ladder bar setups are still prohibited even with keeping the leafs.

Trust me when I say JJ and I had a very long talk about it last year..

Well I will give them a lot of credit for standing strong on that. Impressive

I think the shortbed "Budget Beater" drag truck was running SS in Bakersfield and cutting some pretty good 60ft times, but that was a really good track...

The right springs in the rear could be a class killer really quick..... But nobody will go to that extent to win in the Nationwide prostreet class.

Very interested to hear your thoughts on the right springs.

I am planning to do same rear suspension work on my truck to keep it viable for the class if I can get it to hook the power needed.

I am planning to do same rear suspension work on my truck to keep it viable for the class if I can get it to hook the power needed.

Don't do it! Cause I'll ***** and ***** and ***** and ***** for a rule change. And I can ***** with the best of them.

Do some research on some of the stock rear classes on the gasser side... the stuff they are doing with Mono leaves ts pretty impressive.

My understanding if you go to one leaf spring, vertical mounted double adjustable shocks like QA-1's and good weight transferring ladder bars you are golden and if set up right they will 60 pretty damn awesome! Totally agree a 2x4 truck set up this way should dominate that class.

hmmm. Time for a new truck to gut and race!
Gutted 2014, poly bushings, adjustable shocks, Strip the front, relocate batteries all to the rear., single tubo and try to keep the 6.7 together.

With a 1.50 60' time and 6.0 1/8th mile time you'd end up with

9.14 @ 159 MPH which calculates to 1363 HP to the rear tire for a 5000# race vehicle.

Back