Running out of ideas. Drivers side window switch=no worky!!

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
The other day my driver side window switcher quit working (both driver&pass window switch) I can roll the passenger window up&down via the passenger side switch & I "hot wired" my driver window down so I know the motor is good. Swapped the switch panel with a known good one still nothing, switched the gem with another Known good one (also e99 same numbers build only 20 days apart) and still nothing. Check all fuses and all seam good, can't find a bad wire. I'm now out of ideas & need it fixed!:soap:

Terminal in a plug slid back not making contact?

ill have to check more closely in the morning, but i did take a micro srew driver and "scrape" the inside of the plug terminals to make sure it wasnt dirty. none looks to be pushed back.

it happened right after washing the truck so idk what the heck happened & could be wrong that i havent already checked.

If you have a Snap on scanner you should be able to control the window with the scanner throught the body control/GEM module.

Probably going to need to find one or your going to pull you hair out. Did you change the switch? How bout check to see if you have 12v at the switch and then work the switch to see if you have 12v at the motor from the switch

Probably going to need to find one or your going to pull you hair out. Did you change the switch? How bout check to see if you have 12v at the switch and then work the switch to see if you have 12v at the motor from the switch

all parts were swapped from my buddies truck (both are E99's only differnce is he has power mirrors)
switched the window switcher-nothing
switched the gem-nothing
switched the whole powerbox-nothing
but with a test light the plug reads power and if i run a "hot" wire to the up or down prong it will either roll up or down

sounds like a switch huh? but his switch works perfect in his truck but not in mine

Take that test light and throw it away. The only thing that shows is that you have some voltage there. You need to make sure its enough voltage to operate the motor, ie 12v's. get a multimeter. if you have 10 then the motor wont run. Could be a bad wire to or from the switch

Last edited:
Take that test light and throw it away. The only thing that shows is that you have some voltage there. You need to make sure its enough voltage to operate the motor, ie 12v's. get a multimeter. if you have 10 then the motor wont run. Could be a bad wire to or from the switch

my bad lol well even throwing th test light out, based one the above mentioned parts being swapped out with no luck, what would you guys think the problem is?

I may be totally wrong here but i remember hearing a while back about water getting in the gem causing problems, kinda made me think since you said you had just washed the truck and it may have to be programmed for the truck its on im not sure... but i would think you would be having more issues than just the drivers window if it was the gem so who knows...

Last edited:
Me to everything leads to the stupid switcher, guess I'll have to find a multi-Meter to see what volts it's getting

Does the plug look ok that hooks to the switch?

plug looks to be good.
bottom two have some power im uploading pictures now

both bottom 2 read .82 with the meter on "DCV" and "20"

turn it to "DCA" and "20" and it pulls nothing.

on "ohm" touching the black to the bottom left one and red to bottom right it ohms 1.78, ohm'ing any other configuration pulls nothing.

once webshots stops taking forever ill upload pictures.

You guys were right, it was something simple. Just ended up being a broken wire in the door! Thanks for all the help

Back