Running Xtreme Race? Come in......

1medic

Checking in with you guys running ID's Extreme Race. Are you having luck with your head gaskets?

I run it as my DD. I'm easy on it and try not no let it lug below 48 - 50 mph in 5th (6th) gear. I have not seen over 22lbs of boost.

aI am a little curious about the cylinder pressures (possibly) being high when pulling a hill @ 50mph at partial throttle.

I usually kick it into tow/haul mode going up a hill at around 50. It will down shift into 4th lockup. It will stay in this gear until about 60 or so . much better for those speeds then 5th lockup.

I do have to say, that is my one issue with Eric's tunes. He does like to lug the engine more than others and tapping the brake doesn't disengage the TC like other tunes.

With my gearing and tire size, but truck will spin 1200rpms at 50mph, so if I need to get around a car or something, tapping the brake to disengage the TC is nice. Otherwise you just have to gas it and go...

ive been running it for about 6 months and i am by no means easy on things drive like you stole it

Back