Runs rough with no power and doesnt shift right when cold

Kerry Warren

Hey guys I have a 03 F-350 6.0 and when i start it first thing in the morning it rouns rough and doesnt shift right and has a lack of power. This only last for a couple mins and i have no problems with it for the rest of the day until i go to start it again the next morning to go to work anyone have any ideas?

Check your FICM voltage (HERE)

If that passes the test then most likely your injectors are weak. Try some Rev-X

Diesel

ok so its the FICM but ford sells it for about 500 and international says that its a restricted part anyone got any ideas

If it only acts stupid when its cold a new FICM will not fix the problem.

Look into Swamps Diesel. Also what oil are you running? You probally want to change to a SYN 5w40. That'll help also.

If it only acts stupid when its cold a new FICM will not fix the problem.

This. You need to get your FICM fixed but you will most like still have the same problem. A FICM will help though.

Look into Swamps Diesel. Also what oil are you running? You probally want to change to a SYN 5w40. That'll help also.

and this. There are several companies that sell rebuilt FICMs at half the price of Ford and you can instal them yourself. Very easy.

You need to try Rev-x or synthetic oil.

:whs: it's amazing what stiction issues will do to a cold truck..
This sounds like a classic case of that

thanks guys i appreciate it just starting to get aggravating it takes me forever to get up to speed in the morning on the way to work but itll work fine for the rest of the day

Ficm voltage dropped to 17 when itd start. Sent it to bulletproof and they rebuilt it now the truck runs great. Just a fyi when you get a ficm rebuilt...the early 2003 have a 7 pin and the later have a 4 pin. I was told they are interchangable. Also whoever rebuilds your ficm will need the engine codes (injector high or low) to see if its the logic side or hardware side (or something like that) of the ficm.

have you even tried rev x yet to see if theres a difference? it solved my cold start issues.

Back