RWYB

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Hey Rick any chance you all are going to do away with that DUMB 10.5" tire rule in the RWYB class, I mean you let the other classes run duals and you let pro street trucks jump up and leave there duals on but if you are legal for the RWYB class you cant run them. That really doesnt make much sence. IT is a "Run What You Brung" class correct.

I have Profab dropbox, reverser and a rockwell but cant run in your RWYB because they can only have a 10.5" tire. I think that rule needs to go away and make it a true "Run What You Brung And Hope You Brung Enough" like it should be. Thanks Jeremy.

We don't have that restriction in Street Diesel!! I would like to see your truck and other diesels in RWYB Jeremy. I'm pretty sure I've seen bigger tires than that in that class. They may have been on Pro-Stock legal trucks however.

I was in the meeting when the gasser pullers drove this decision.

The champion of the class was sitting right there and he was running 36" x 14.50s and they voted in the dinky tire rule....kinda seemed like a bit of slap in the face.

It was justified as a cost savings measure. How much truth there is to that, we will never know. I bet lots of money got spent elsewhere.

Seems kinda silly to me, to have RWYB with a limited tire. Those guys should be running cut puller tires IMO.

If Pro Stock went open driveline to align with NADM SuperStreet, then you'd be in business, Jeremy.

as mentioned herein ... the rules are 'member driven'. the current RWYB rules were set for 2008 and 2009 by the USA-EAST members that actually participate in the class. sometime this year the members will have to sit down with the officials and discuss changes for the 2010-2011 seasons.

a couple of new diesels have signed up for the RWYB class for 2009. one of which is coming directly from Thorneville, Ohio. the other is a former champion (on GAS) that has made the switch to Diesel. the last time this happened there was a major change in the complexion of the class. so we will see what happens in 2009.

thanks to everyone for their interest.

We don't have that restriction in Street Diesel!! I would like to see your truck and other diesels in RWYB Jeremy. I'm pretty sure I've seen bigger tires than that in that class. They may have been on Pro-Stock legal trucks however.

Pop,
you have seen bigger on trucks in that class if they have OEM drive line they can run a bigger tire but if you have the Profab and Rockwell then you are limited to a single 10.5 tire.

Rick, who is the great 1 coming from Thornville, Oh. doesnt ring a bell as to who that is.

'Sleepless Nights' was built by Enterprise and driven by Drew Pumphrey who works for Dave at Enterprise Engine. The truck was absolutely 'state of the art' three years ago and dominated the RWYB class.

That was when the rules were changed (by the pullers) to what they are today. however I do believe that Enterprise has another truck just about ready for the RWYB class in 2009. we will see on June 13 at Burton, Ohio - the first pull of the season.

Scott Blair's truck went RWYB from the rumor mill.

Calvin Miller's RWYB truck sounds like it's gonna be a beast.

I predict the gasser guys will be yanking their beards all year.

Are you allowed to run duals on a dually if it dosent make the pro stock diesel rules? I have factory driveline but the radiator is in the bed.

'Sleepless Nights' was built by Enterprise and driven by Drew Pumphrey who works for Dave at Enterprise Engine. The truck was absolutely 'state of the art' three years ago and dominated the RWYB class.

That was when the rules were changed (by the pullers) to what they are today. however I do believe that Enterprise has another truck just about ready for the RWYB class in 2009. we will see on June 13 at Burton, Ohio - the first pull of the season.

Pretty sure he sold that truck a while back. I dont think he is still the owner, unless something changed?

I think he is talking about who bought the truck, they will be bringing it out this year.

Are you allowed to run duals on a dually if it dosent make the pro stock diesel rules? I have factory driveline but the radiator is in the bed.

Don't think so -

"Dual rear wheels are ONLY permitted for DIESEL trucks that completely meet all the rules for the Pro Street division, Dual wheels must fit within the original wheel wells for a dually pick-up. An original equipment bed is required for all dual wheel applications."

Radiator must be in stock location for PSD.

Don't think so -

"Dual rear wheels are ONLY permitted for DIESEL trucks that completely meet all the rules for the Pro Street division, Dual wheels must fit within the original wheel wells for a dually pick-up. An original equipment bed is required for all dual wheel applications."

Radiator must be in stock location for PSD.

Thanks for clearing it up, now i must say thats one of the dumbest rules i have ever seen. A factory dually that cant run duals in a run what ya brung class. Oh well i guess

I agree Rampage! So how do they enforce this 10.5 rule? Do they tape the tire width or do you drive through a pile of dirt and then they measure the foot print.

Please explain.

the easiest way that i can see getting rules changed is join and vote on the rules.i would assume that if you are a member of said class,when rule changes come around,your voice will be heard.on a nother note,pro street should allign with nadm and such to get more guys to pull.payback is awesome with full pull and could be the premere venue with a rule allignment.just my thoughts

Thanks for clearing it up, now i must say thats one of the dumbest rules i have ever seen. A factory dually that cant run duals in a run what ya brung class. Oh well i guess

Well, as long as you'd be OK with the big cube gassers running duals, that would be fair enough. But none of them do - so I don't imagine they'd be very receptive.

But you can always ask. IMHO FPP listens to the pullers that commit to them. Some of the gasser guys have been with them for years...so their opinions tend to carry more weight. FPP internally doesn't mind rules changes per se, as long as the show is good and they have a quality field. They have said the fair boards like RWYB because of the "gas vs. diesel" headline with hot trucks from both.

Gas vs Diesel? How many diesel trucks do you see in RWYB? The gassers are always complaining for some reason or another.(think some of them are too stuck on themselves to think of the sport in general and what a great class it COULD be with gas vs diesel.)

So how do they enforce this 10.5 rule? Do they tape the tire width or do you drive through a pile of dirt and then they measure the foot print.
Please explain.

Hey Rick,

Can you fill me in on how you all do this, trying to find a set of tires and wheels for my Rockwell to run RWYB. Alot of tires i have put a tape to are bigger then 10.5

Back