??s about arp 425s

Rusty Green

I've tried searching this and couldn't really find anything but how many retorques are these good for I'm looking at a set that are cheap but have 3 torques on them what do you guys think thanks in advance.

3 tourqes is not bad. You could contact ARP for info on their recommended stretch limits and measure those studs to see if they're within their recommended stretch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You might find more information searching under the correct name of ARP 2000 studs, this is Comp D so hopefully we call them by their correct material name, just the 625's are called by their material name. If nothing pops up under ARP 2000, I apologize for leading you astray.

x2, where did this 425 crap start?

3 torques is nothing IMO, and should be torqued at least that many while setting in a new set.

Probably because there is 425 in the part number. Still annoys me, says right on the top of the stud that its ARP 2000.

Anyhow, unless the studs have been plasticly deformed, been stretched past its yield point, the number of times its been torqued is going to be irrelevant. As long as they were torqued properly to the correct spec, you're good to go.

off topic but what are you torqueing the ARP 2000's to? I've heard of people going to 175 which seems way to much to me.

Anyhow, unless the studs have been plasticly deformed, been stretched past its yield point, the number of times its been torqued is going to be irrelevant. As long as they were torqued properly to the correct spec, you're good to go.

x2
If you're not over-torquing them, and stretching them past their elasticity, you can use them over and over.
These aren't TTY bolts.

That being said, I think 125ftlbs is what their rated for and I don't know too many people that don't go to 130-135.

EDIT:
http://www.scheiddiesel.com/documents/arp_247-4203.pdf

off topic but what are you torqueing the ARP 2000's to? I've heard of people going to 175 which seems way to much to me.

I once did a friends to 150 at his request and against my protest. Lots of lube and the nuts were beginning to gall to the studs. It held more than the block did, but I won't do that again. That's a lot to ask of a 12mm fastener.

I torque mine to 145 going 5 lb increments from 125 with zero issues on mine or 10 other trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back