S&B Intakes.

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
Anyone run one or know about them?
How good are they?

Just curious since I can pick a couple up for a decent price.

I've installed them in a few 6.0L trucks in the past. The kit is actually pretty nice, but I'm not crazy about the gauze filter.

Is the S&B gauze filter different from other filters(like AFE)? I thought the S&B are 8 ply filters? Is it inferior to a pg7? Just curious cause I have one and it seems o.k..

Yeah, from what I read they are 8 ply filters....claim like a 27% increase in air flow and still block 99.2x% of dirt/dust in their tests...

Dan, I installed one on my truck on Turkey day. Fit and finish was nice, and so far I am happy. I, too, picked one up cheap from a vendor here it was too good a deal to pass up.

I wasn't even looking......the wholesale parts guy at my Ford dealer was trying to unload them on me when I was ordering some other stuff, said he had a hell of a deal for me. He brought one out (Ford Racing box)......I opened the box...the box says Ford Racing, the instructions say Ford Racing but the filter bag and the housing cover say S&B :D

how much was the deal you were given dan? could buy a few extra from him to help some people out.... :poke:

Not like half off or anything, but cheaper than any place I had seen them
He only has 2.
I guess he's had them for a while.

I don't think they sell them anymore....not online and not in the catalog I have.

I can see why they don't sell them......I wouldn't think to ask my Ford parts department about aftermarket intakes and exhausts and gauges and stuff LOL. They sell cat-back exhausts, gauges, Tru Tracs, etc.... though.

But he's seen my 01 and 07 and knows we have a lot of trucks so that's why he brought it up.
Going to order my exhaust through them too.

wow, thats pretty sweet dan! I wouldn't have thought to ask them about it either, do they sell any programmers? LOL

Not for PSDs....at least not that I've seen.

They mainly have a TON of stuff for Stangs.....take the new GT500 from 500hp to 605hp, a normal 4.6 GT to 500hp, etc...
Same with Roush Performance Parts....the have some truck stuff (intake and exhaust) but mainly a ton of Stang stuff.

Only certain dealers are Ford Racing delaers, Roush Racing dealers, etc...

Anything has to be better than stock. I will NEVER again change the factory piece. My next intake will be a complete aftermarket setup.

Back