S06 with TNT Shift Limiter

Shambo

Diesel Idiot
I am running S06 TNT level 7 and when you turn the shift limiter off you loose the Transmission position indication. I would imagine it is to encourage folks not to run all the time. My Problem is I dirt Drag with it and what we do is drive through the lights first to pack the dirt a little for Launch and go into reverse to back up and then Stage. with the transmission position indicator turned off it is easy to not be in the proper gear at launch. is is possible to get a version of the software where the position indicators are turned back on?

nope, only way to do it so the ecm hasn't a clue. It is no surprise, it is listed in the manual.

Same thing on the SSR got to let the force guide you! Or two clicks from reverse is drive!

I don't buy it, if you can turn it off with software you can turn it on! Marco can you comment?

Don't buy it????.....

I am lost as you have been told in your thread buy a few of the best running Smarty tuned truck owners what the deal is and yet you do not believe them.

IMO and I am no expert,the shift indicator is lost to allow the ecm to be fooled for the maximum fueling at launch that when that part of the ecm is engaged it will not allow.pretty simple to understand why and really not an issue to drive without the indicator.

I know years ago, there was a post from Marco on why he had to do it that way, but I do not remember exactly why, or even where the post was.

When racing I never trust the indicators anyway. I put it in neutral before staging, and then go one click down to drive. The indicators on the 3rd gen's are a lot better, but the 2nd gens were not very good. There was even a service campaign related to them.

I will try to find the post for you...

Paul

I also remember that thread Paul. Pretty sure it was on here somewhere. Something along the lines of he had no option, it was the only way to get it was with the lights off.

The no wtsl is a function of the removal of the torque management. This has been debated since 2006.

I like Paul's work around.

For the Record..

My old Bully Dog was the Same way with TQ managment off
My PPE is the same way with it off
My S06 was the same way with it off
And now my SSR is the same way with it off...

I don't think all the brands got together and conspired to have it turn off... lol
So there must be an actually reason.

Last edited:
Well it was explained to me that it is turned off because he fools the ECM into thinking its a Manual transmission, so it doesn't know it is an automatic! if one of you experts would have said that! I would have said O.K. that's cool! but no everyone started with that is the way it is crap! It's not like it is some big F'ing trade secret or something, and there are other ways to do the same thing with out turning off the light!

You cant ask a F'ing thing any more with out getting crap!

It's not like it is some big F'ing trade secret or something, and there are other ways to do the same thing with out turning off the light!

If that was the case,do you not feel then that 1 of the big companies would have a item to do that then on the market,instead of all of them doing it the same way?...Just asking.

BTW...Most were trying to help you,yet you wouldn't believe them.No attitudes were implied or given but if you feel that was the case,there is an answer....

The search engine here is your friend and way to less stress.

I have Beta Tested some programs that had it turned off from someone who is getting out of the race programs! and EFI Live evidently does it another way also.
I have never ran Bully Dog or PPE so I don't know about them doing it that way!

Shambo,

I wasn't trying to give you chit or be rude.. I was just messin with ya a bit.
If you took it as serious, I certainly apologize..

A certain memeber sent an PM with the EFI Info that must have been shared with you too, after my post...

Glad you got more info on it...

David

Back