S300 T3 or T4 for compounds?

Decided to make a thread of its own to clear up the S366 thread...

With a S300 being in a set of compounds? Would T3 housing be sufficient or would going to a T4 non gated turbo with external gate be a better route? Say for 800-1000hp on fuel. Granted spool should be affected...would there be any other gains besides flow?

:pop:

Thanks,
Mark

Decided to make a thread of its own to clear up the S366 thread...

With a S300 being in a set of compounds? Would T3 housing be sufficient or would going to a T4 non gated turbo with external gate be a better route? Say for 800-1000hp on fuel. Granted spool should be affected...would there be any other gains besides flow?

:pop:

Thanks,
Mark

T4 if you plan to push it. Once you try to push the T3 setup hard it will hit a brick wall on the exhaust side. Only so much you can push through the smaller scroll volumes.

T4 if you plan to push it. Once you try to push the T3 setup hard it will hit a brick wall on the exhaust side. Only so much you can push through the smaller scroll volumes.

kind of what I was thinking. I'm wondering if I'm at this brick wall currently.

kind of what I was thinking. I'm wondering if I'm at this brick wall currently.

You still where you were at, when you did DPC (powerwise)? I know we pretty much have the same setup and same twins, but I got mine running to what it should be, I doubt the T3 is the problem.

But Id like to try the t4 foot myself. Maybe just the standard BW 66/74/.91, but IDK if I want to get rid of the spoolup I have now, its nuts how fast they come on right now.

Last edited:
You still where you were at, when you did DPC (powerwise)? I know we pretty much have the same setup and same twins, but I got mine running to what it should be, I doubt the T3 is the problem.

But Id like to try the t4 foot myself. Maybe just the standard BW 66/74/.91, but IDK if I want to get rid of the spoolup I have now, its nuts how fast they come on right now.

nah, it makes a little more power than the DPC, mid 500s! LOL I'm not saying the T3 is the issue, not sure how much you have run your setup...but my turbos with this high of drive pressure, the turbos dont sound healthy.

try a 45mm ext. go from maifold to down pipe, bypass both turbos. you will have quick spool up and a lot less drive pressure

try a 45mm ext. go from maifold to down pipe, bypass both turbos. you will have quick spool up and a lot less drive pressure

With the T3? I'll be running 64/71 over S4T 86/98/1.45? Wouldn't you want to dump into the hotpipe to help drive the S4T?

then go to hot pipe. did not know you were run the s4t. your sig said 64/480. i just started a set 66/71/.70 T3 over 83/83/1.10 T6 and thegate will go from manifold to down pipe. spool up should be fast.

then go to hot pipe. did not know you were run the s4t. your sig said 64/480. i just started a set 66/71/.70 T3 over 83/83/1.10 T6 and thegate will go from manifold to down pipe. spool up should be fast.

Yeah, the 480 is on the truck now, S4T is waiting to go in.

i would stay with the 480. more then enough air for 800hp. i made well over 800hp with S480 single. plus spool up with be way better with the 480.
i had a s4t under a sliver bullet on my old dually and made 630hp and spool up sucks. then i went to S480 with race cover it went to 733hp and spooled alot faster.

Back