S300 Turbo Variant

DieselAdict

If I Had The $ I Would...
So Im at a loss. I recently picked up a used turbo. It was advertised as an s300. Got it for a good deal so was not to concerned with the problems it had. Everything is the same as an s300 but the flange on the exhaust side of the center cartridge. As compared to a normal s3 the flange is smaller. Standard s3 is around a 3.465 inch diameter, and the smaller of the two comes in at 3.295 inch diameter. From what I have been told it is an ht2b. As I have never held one in my hand I can't be sure. So the exhaust housing on this thing is a piece of scrap. Which is the standard 14cm Gated housing that is found on most s3's sold for these trucks. First of all what am I looking at an early s300? Then is it worth fooling with? Where would I find a housing that would fit this?

Attachments

• IMG_4934.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4934.JPG.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4936.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4936.JPG.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 0
Housings are hard to get ahold of. A little bit more rare. Can run the Same compressor wheels but many had non extendid tip wheels. (They whistle alot) The turbines are a bit beefier. Same bearings. I love the ht2b's its prolly just in my head but the 65mm versions feel a bit stronger than a 65mm s3 turbine. Good turbos all internals should interchange.

Last edited:
I had a 62mm turbo from industrial injection on a truck I bought that I think was a ht2b. Fat shaft 62? Or what ever it was marketed at. I think that's what I remember anyway.

Turbo originally was a 62/65 with the long snout front cover. Trying to locate an exhaust housing is proving difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back