S400sxe

Is that theoretical or are they really having failures in the 369?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hell I hope not since my secondary is a 69sxe. I was curious to whether the new 69 size on the 300 frame was showing premature signs of stress.

Honestly either with the larger heavier 69mm material primarily causing faster stress?

I only know of one failure, and I cannot say what the cause was. I doubt the small increase in weight would cause much in the way of failures, more likely excessive shaft speed or thrust load.

Weston, what do you think about this? A guy on FB ordered this 71mm s300sx-e for his gas motor. Not sure who makes that compressor. Thought it was interesting they stuffed a 71mm compressor into an sx-e.

HTT offered something similar years ago, they used a K31 compressor on the box S366, I saw a few good results from this but always thought it would be better in a compound setup. I wouldn't be opposed to running a compressor that large on the SX-E frame, however it wouldn't be that wheel in particular.

HTT offered something similar years ago, they used a K31 compressor on the box S366, I saw a few good results from this but always thought it would be better in a compound setup. I wouldn't be opposed to running a compressor that large on the SX-E frame, however it wouldn't be that wheel in particular.

in regards to the htt 71. is i.i. doing the same thing with the silver 71? or just machining a smaller housing for the k31?

Appears to be the same S300 frame.

IISSBPS718067-2.jpg

jlbayes said:
and there goes another thread.....

That's Comp D for ya... Somebody gets their panties in a wad because somebody else knows more about something than they do. Then commences the dick measuring. I almost forgot why I limit my time on here. Awfully hard to sift through the bull**** to find the real info most of the time. Some real good reading/info in both the main SX-E threads. Keep that stuff coming! I'm soaking it up, trying to learn.

Last edited:
blackmega3500 said:
Well guess we should have reviews soon....

II says they have the sxe472 and sxe488 in stock.

In the past couple days I've seen several places offering s472 SX-Es but as HTT branded units. Haven't looked for the bigger two as I wouldn't need them. I'm really anxious to see the results from the 72 as I was considering a 475 prior to looking into the SX-E line. The 800+ rwhp reportedly out of the 369 is really impressive. Especially to someone like myself who doesn't really know the technical side of turbochargers. I guess my main concern, albeit from limited experience and knowledge is the durability of the 369 at those kind of numbers. Things certainly look promising from my perspective though.

So here's the 476sxe map
Capture.jpg

Now is the 488 map like a unicorn considering it can't be found.....

In for further development. Hoping to drop a 69 and 80 in place of my current set.

I have no real interest in the small turbine S400 frame, it cannot compete with the GT42.

Flow map posted on the S476SX-E should not be on here as it’s not the real thing. That’s all I can say about it. We all have to wait for the update to matchbot to get the real flowmap data and yes I want to know how these new S400SX-E models perform as well.

Flow map posted on the S476SX-E should not be on here as it’s not the real thing. That’s all I can say about it. We all have to wait for the update to matchbot to get the real flowmap data and yes I want to know how these new S400SX-E models perform as well.

Yeah matchbot only has efr series as most current.

What are you seeing as different? This was the supposed map supplied to II...... grain of salt.

Back