S467 for an 06 daily driver?

STROKETHISF350

Looking at detuning my truck a bit so I can drive it everyday since vw is buying the Jetta back soon. I want to run an s400 series turbo( considering 467) and was wondering how it will drive/ tow. I was going to run the 83 turbine with a .9 housing to help with spool up. Any input is appreciated, the truck is an 06 auto with ppe dual fuelers, 188/220 cam 100% over injectors, slightly ported head and efi live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not see how pulling a set of small compounds off and replacing with a single s400 is detuning?

You have a good set of compounds, leave it be, especially if you tow with it you will not be happy with the single.

I do not see how pulling a set of small compounds off and replacing with a single s400 is detuning?

Easier on the engine and I'm not going to be able to make as much power with the single

I haven't driven one, but I road passenger seat in a CR 5.9 with a manual VB 48re, stock cam with that turbo. It seemed just fine. I think he has a 2000rpm stall converter, but it really was not very smokey and the turbo came on really smooth up to ~4000rpm.

I was honestly contemplating the s367 on my 12V after that ride, but it might be a bit too laggy without variable timing like fancy CR's have.

LOL ok. The single you are looking at has done very very well on crs.
lol I know it kinda seems backwards to go to a single but it's just way to easy to hurt stuff with the compounds and for what I want to do I really like the simplicity of the single

I run one on my 06. I like it, it's a fun street single and not too laggy in my mind but you'll definitely take a hit compared to your twins. HE351 is basically instantaneous. I Wouldnt tow more than a few thousand lbs in mountains with it regularly, but flatlands would be ok.

I've towed numerous times with a 467/83/.90 with zero issue's. Same basic setup as you except I'm still running a stock cam....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjjNgH416zY"]Towing with a 467 - YouTube[/ame]

If I was looking I would consider the 87mm turbine wheel. It is more expensive but most report it spools better and has better drive pressure.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

If I was looking I would consider the 87mm turbine wheel. It is more expensive but most report it spools better and has better drive pressure.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Not really sure if it's worth the 400+- difference just for the 87 turbine

I run one on my 06. I like it, it's a fun street single and not too laggy in my mind but you'll definitely take a hit compared to your twins. HE351 is basically instantaneous. I Wouldnt tow more than a few thousand lbs in mountains with it regularly, but flatlands would be ok.

My last twin set up was a 63/80 and it wasn't instantaneous as far as spool up down low (haven't updated my sig in a while) also I live at sea level so hopefully that will help and I guess I'll just have to tow with the od off if I ever get into the mountains unless the cam and porting makes a noticeable difference

I daily a 76/87 in the San Francisco hillls...with a beat up old 3250 dual disk and a g56.

You get my vote for a cast 67.7 with the 87/81 SXE turbine as a single.

I daily a 76/87 in the San Francisco hillls...with a beat up old 3250 dual disk and a g56.

You get my vote for a cast 67.7 with the 87/81 SXE turbine as a single.

I was thinking about buying the 472sxe and if I don't like it swapping in a billet 67 wheel and cover

I don't think you're gonna like the lag from an 87 turbine. It's a good wheel but gonna add another 200-300 rpm from an 83. Turbine and housing will affect that a lot more than compressor. A 67/83/.90 will hit 850hp easy with 100% overs, there's no need to add the lag of a 72/87 unless you're going for 900-1050 which doesn't seem to be your goal.

I don't think you're gonna like the lag from an 87 turbine. It's a good wheel but gonna add another 200-300 rpm from an 83. Turbine and housing will affect that a lot more than compressor. A 67/83/.90 will hit 850hp easy with 100% overs, there's no need to add the lag of a 72/87 unless you're going for 900-1050 which doesn't seem to be your goal.

Yea I think for now I'll just go with the 67 and if I decide to grow ill get another turbo or upgrade the compressor wheel. This is my first shot at a big single so I have no clue what I'm in for

I had a 67/83 on my 5.9. 60% injectors, 10 mm pump, scheid street strip cam. It was a blast with just smarty tune. Pretty much no smoke and could break the tires loose rolling into a pull. Never towed anything heavy so I don't have any info there.
Then I Traded it for a 67/87 and my stroker pump took a **** shortly after...at that point it was a dog with a stock pump and no tune.

Back