S467

tater01

In the process of puting a s467 on my truck in my sig. It's got a 1.10 exhaust housing on it and I no it's gonna be a bit laggy with that housing gonna try and pick up a .9 for it what do y'all guys think. What rpm should this thing spool?

You said you wanna pick up a .9 but gotta keep the 1.1? huh?

with 83 turbine, the .9 will start to take off around 1700 on a vp (my guess), so I assume the 1.1 will be 2000rpm or so (again, just my guess). assuming you've got the fuel for it.

You said you wanna pick up a .9 but gotta keep the 1.1? huh?

with 83 turbine, the .9 will start to take off around 1700 on a vp (my guess), so I assume the 1.1 will be 2000rpm or so (again, just my guess). assuming you've got the fuel for it.

really? you think that soon?

My 1.1 starts spooling at 1700 and is at full spool by 2000 rpm. On a ppump with maxspool cam(they wouldnt give out the specs on that cam either) and steedspeed, 18 degrees timing. Everything I've heard says the .9 will be a LOT better. I have ran a 363 and 366 and this thing spools idenical to those...

On my truck my s468/83/.90 will make 10psi by 1800ish, but not be full tilt til 22-2300. Im running 27* timing currently, and ran 24* last summer with similar spoolup. It definitly doesnt spool as fast as my silverbullet did, not sure how people find them to be the same in spoolup.

Last edited:
Thank y'all for all input were about to find out as soon as I get the rich fittings for my oil line

My 1.1 starts spooling at 1700 and is at full spool by 2000 rpm. On a ppump with maxspool cam(they wouldnt give out the specs on that cam either) and steedspeed, 18 degrees timing. Everything I've heard says the .9 will be a LOT better. I have ran a 363 and 366 and this thing spools idenical to those...

nothing will ever beat a 63 as far as I'm concerned. That thing was a torque monster.

If your 1.1 is that fast, i may consider a switch here soon....

it depends on what gear i'm in and throttle input. i also have my tv cable set so that it shifts later. i also have a tight converter which is not helping anything. if you're gonna be sled pulling i'd keep the 1.10 housing imo.

nothing will ever beat a 63 as far as I'm concerned. That thing was a torque monster.

If your 1.1 is that fast, i may consider a switch here soon....

Well I had fleeces billet 363/73/.91(pretty sure those were the specs). And the trust went out three times last summer so I bought the 467.7 for half the price and was very disappointed that I ever bought the 363. The 67with 1.1ar spools completely identical. I honestly think if someone would have swapped the chargers I wouldn't have known it until I hit full throttle and noticed an extra 5-7 psi boost.

Well I had fleeces billet 363/73/.91(pretty sure those were the specs). And the trust went out three times last summer so I bought the 467.7 for half the price and was very disappointed that I ever bought the 363. The 67with 1.1ar spools completely identical. I honestly think if someone would have swapped the chargers I wouldn't have known it until I hit full throttle and noticed an extra 5-7 psi boost.

This is just my opinion, but that 63/73/.91 charger seems like a poor choice anyhow. Why such a large turbine and exhaust housing for only a 63mm comp wheel? I can see if its a workstock type setup where your limited on inducer size possibly?? but other then that i would think there are much better options for the exhaust side.

Call Engineered Diesel up and have them build you a tighter housing than a .90AR. You will thank me later.

I can not wait to play with that 75 that Chris bought off you with the tight housing....

I hope you guys have better luck with the 75/83 combo then i did. I just swapped one on a couple weeks ago and had drive pressure problems. It was a 75/83/.90 and just a short run in 3rd tc locked i saw 80psi drive and 50psi boost. I could tell it was choking up in the rpms. My 68/83/.90 stays within 10psi drive/boost so thats what im gonna run for a while longer.

Back