s468 installed

Backhoe man

nobody
Well I got the turbo in yesterday first impressions are good not super laggy and keeps it cooler than my previous setup (4094 garret) . This one is a 68/83/.9 it has usable boost by 1600-1700 and stays at 1 to 1 boost to drive so far although I have not thrown too much fuel at it yet. I am gonna finish the wastegate today and tighten up the exhaust valves a bit. I can not believe how these things can spool a Turbo I still have stock injectors and a stage 3 pump and it drives nice. Now I can finally put in my nozzles after they get back from being inspected for problems.

Well I got the turbo in yesterday first impressions are good not super laggy and keeps it cooler than my previous setup (4094 garret) . This one is a 68/83/.9 it has usable boost by 1600-1700 and stays at 1 to 1 boost to drive so far although I have not thrown too much fuel at it yet. I am gonna finish the wastegate today and tighten up the exhaust valves a bit. I can not believe how these things can spool a Turbo I still have stock injectors and a stage 3 pump and it drives nice. Now I can finally put in my nozzles after they get back from being inspected for problems.

Have you had a chance to put it on the rollers with the stock injectors?

Have you had a chance to put it on the rollers with the stock injectors?
yea I did, I made more power with a 64/71/14 at the same temps so I am not that thrilled. I gave up some bottom end and really gained nothing on the top and it still ran cooking hot on the pyro. 581 with the s400 600+ with 64/71/14 same dyno :doh:
Any updates?

I am going to leave it in for now until I put in the cam and springs, maybe that will help, the temps are so hot (1700) I can not figure out what is going on. I keep thinking if the stock injectors are that hot and smokey what will happen if I put in my nozzles, little baffled but I will figure it out eventually. Oh and this turbo SUCKS at altitude for me.

That sucks! The 475 does pretty good for me with flux 3.5's, II 120% cp3, and a 48re. I know I could never tow with it, but I was thinking about this turbo for one of my other trucks. I might try a 64/74/14, when the time comes.

yea I did, I made more power with a 64/71/14 at the same temps so I am not that thrilled. I gave up some bottom end and really gained nothing on the top and it still ran cooking hot on the pyro. 581 with the s400 600+ with 64/71/14 same dyno :doh:

Sorry to hear about the problems.

Nonetheless, 581 and 600 on stock injectors is pretty damn good. Stock CP3 as well?

What altitude are you at? I'm in Denver so I'm picking your brain on this one lol.

but you did it with a turbo that cost less than half as much?

I'm thinking it needs more fuel. Mine gets up to about 1300 at half throttle, but settles around 1100, around 2500 rpm's.

I have to stand in the throttle in 5th gear pulling a trailer to get my EGT's to spike past 1400* with my 66/71-14.... it's the perfect "mid-range" charger IMO!

That sucks! The 475 does pretty good for me with flux 3.5's, II 120% cp3, and a 48re. I know I could never tow with it, but I was thinking about this turbo for one of my other trucks. I might try a 64/74/14, when the time comes.
Yea I am looking at something kind of similar, getting tired of changing turbos though
Sorry to hear about the problems.

Nonetheless, 581 and 600 on stock injectors is pretty damn good. Stock CP3 as well?

What altitude are you at? I'm in Denver so I'm picking your brain on this one lol.
No stage 3 CP3 which changes everything it puts out a LOT more fuel than a stocker, I am at sea level but I can be at 7500 in a couple of hours. That is one of the reasons I am so picky about a turbo, I did notice that my garret was much less effected by altitude changes.
but you did it with a turbo that cost less than half as much?
Very true and even though the dyno does not show it I feel like it pulls better on the top end and I know it gets better fuel economy less restriction I guess.

I am going to get my cam in before I change anything else and see what happens

I have to stand in the throttle in 5th gear pulling a trailer to get my EGT's to spike past 1400* with my 66/71-14.... it's the perfect "mid-range" charger IMO!

My garret was like that had to really push the fuel to get it hot but it could not keep up on the top end with a lot of fuel, made a great tow turbo and daily driver 95% of the time

Try swapping in some 90 injectors i don't think you're getting enough fuel outta the stockies.

U need some aftermarket injectors, if you have a stg3 cp3 I wouldn't go smaller than 120's. I would put a smaller turbine in that S400 and wrap up the manifold and housing. Not the best pick for a turbo IMO

Our shop 6.7 truck has a S472 with a .90 housing non gated on T4 2nd gen manifold.. 120 nozzles, +85% industrial pump and H&S tuning... I was very impressed with it's spool & driveability.

Back