s475 or s480??

cummins0488

Working on finishing my build. Looking into a charger and cant decide on a turbo. Was leaning on s475 but should i just get the 80 and be done. Truck will have dual pumps and probably flux 5s. Ordering injectors monday and want to order charger soon. Help me out here. Its not a daily driver and doesnt tow. Just street use and track here and there. Thanks

What size are flux 5? 100% over? I think for a s480 as a single you would want larger injectors. And udc if you don't have it for a little finer tuning.

If a single, id go the 75, should support close to 1k hp and wont be too bad on the street. I run a 75/96/1.1 and the housing needs to be tighter but its not all that bad.

Gonna be ran as a single. And yes udc will be used. I was looking at 75/87/1.0? Any thoughts on that charger? Thanks

I ran several variations of both, I liked s475/92/1.10 best. Dual cp3s and 250% over injectors for fueling

If a single, id go the 75, should support close to 1k hp and wont be too bad on the street. I run a 75/96/1.1 and the housing needs to be tighter but its not all that bad.

How did that thing spool? Like what rpm would it start comin up?

I see boost around 1600 up a slight hill, but flat ground around 1800 its making air and by 2100 its singing nicely.oh and i have cracks in my intake manifold so huge boost leaks.

I see boost around 1600 up a slight hill, but flat ground around 1800 its making air and by 2100 its singing nicely.oh and i have cracks in my intake manifold so huge boost leaks.

Dude that's nuts Haha. Can you stuff a 475/96 into a 1.0 t4 housing?

It can be stuffed into a .90 T4. I like that turbine on 6.7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What stall converter did you run? I have a 75/83/.90 and suncoast 2000 stall I'm putting on for now but I'm thinking I'm gonna end up going with a 87/1.0 turbine wheel and housing with a 2200 stall and manual vb

I ran a 17SS-250 on my race truck I think that's a 1800ish stall convertor. Also you'll like the 81/87 turbine wheel much better for your plans, I ran several different comp wheel variations on mine, but still a 475/87/.9. I would go with the .90 housing over the 1.0 if you're planning on some DD. EGTs weren't much higher at all when I switched to the .90 housing from a 1.0, but I did get better fuel economy and it was much easier to drive on the street. The manual VB will help a lot too.

Last edited:
Well I ended up with s480 and it really drives pretty good. I would still like to trya s475 to see the differencr. Whos the best to call to talk to about one. Thanks

Back