S475 over s363sxe which wheel is better 6 blade 7 blade or 11 blade

Bpbertolacini

Good day everyone, looking to see what is more responsive for the top s475 compressor wheel. A 11 blade 7 blade or 6 blade, I currently have a billet 6blade but I had a stock 7 blade from borg first and I feel like I lost whistle sound and also my egts seem to climb higher at lower rpms,? Any insight or experience would be great thank you.

Nobody has any insight? Come on i was told this was the place to go for intell. People that work for nasa are on here, lol. Jk but I'm surprised 12 people have looked and not 1 response.

I would send Smokem a pm on here. He owns Infinite Performance and even sells compressor wheels that are optimized for best performance with our engines.

Nobody has any insight? Come on i was told this was the place to go for intell. People that work for nasa are on here, lol. Jk but I'm surprised 12 people have looked and not 1 response.

Lol, you'll find it hard to get responses here with questions that reference whistle noise as a gauge of responsiveness.

I'm certain there is a correlation between blade count, air mass flow, and ultrasonic tip speed resonance, but I'm not sure who would posses this knowledge. Even Weston might not have concerned himself with such a thing.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I'm certain there is a correlation between blade count, air mass flow, and ultrasonic tip speed resonance, but I'm not sure who would posses this knowledge.

Tip speed can be calculated using Matchbot, this is dependent on the wheel diameter in relation to shaft speed, and the super sonic threshold is noted on most published compressor maps. Exit velocity can be influenced quite heavily by the curvature of the blade root, and to a smaller degree also the vertical blade angle at the exducer.

Regarding the original question it should be noted that a "6-blade" compressor has 12-blades and a "7-blade" compressor has 14-blades. Blade surface area is relative to the operating speed, a compressor with more leading edge such as the 11-blade would be more efficient at a lower speed yet suffer from sonic choke at greater speeds. This trend would be reversed as the main blade count is reduced, the idea would be to find a balance dependent on operating speed.

Tip speed can be calculated using Matchbot, this is dependent on the wheel diameter in relation to shaft speed, and the super sonic threshold is noted on most published compressor maps. Exit velocity can be influenced quite heavily by the curvature of the blade root, and to a smaller degree also the vertical blade angle at the exducer.

Regarding the original question it should be noted that a "6-blade" compressor has 12-blades and a "7-blade" compressor has 14-blades. Blade surface area is relative to the operating speed, a compressor with more leading edge such as the 11-blade would be more efficient at a lower speed yet suffer from sonic choke at greater speeds. This trend would be reversed as the main blade count is reduced, the idea would be to find a balance dependent on operating speed.

Thank you for your reply I appreciate your time and positive information, I have made my decision from this info , and I hope this also helps others along the way . Thanks everyone for your positive reply

Thank you for your reply I appreciate your time and positive information, I have made my decision from this info , and I hope this also helps others along the way . Thanks everyone for your positive reply

I should also mention that blade count is just one of many aspects, and there are several compressor wheels on the market of varying designs that will make less power than the factory compressor wheel.

How do you know the RPM of a turbo you don't have yet?

I decided to just put the factory wheel back on , I will see if the egts go back to the temps they used to run at lower rpm. Then I will apply my foot to the accelerator pedal!

There ya go. More whistle will surely fix things.

Well apparently you 2 cents won't. I was looking for people who have experience with these different wheel options , perhaps we could just look past the whistle comment I had said in my first post, there is another half of the question that only the people who were trying to be helpful answered. If you don't have positive things to share then I really don't want to hear your little girl comments.

but what if someone farts in the test chamber and it is a steamy one that affects atmospheric absorption? Seems like the overall output airflow dynamic numbers would be flawwed. :what:

but what if someone farts in the test chamber and it is a steamy one that affects atmospheric absorption? Seems like the overall output airflow dynamic numbers would be flawwed. :what:

And at what point does that steamy fart achieve optimum speed for creating a whistle?

Back