s480 Turbo

Drothgeb

Almost Fast-N-Loud
B/W 80/96/1.32, V-band 5" inlet cover, ceramic coated turbine housing. About 1000 miles and a dozen passes on it. No in and out play, normal side to side play. $850 plus shipping

B/W 80/96/1.32, V-band 5" inlet cover, ceramic coated turbine housing. About 1000 miles and a dozen passes on it. No in and out play, normal side to side play. $850 plus shipping

Should be $800

Side to side play is not normal.

...every new turbo Ive ever bought has a little side to side play, but if its hitting the cover now thats a different story.

I am far from a turbo expert but it only takes just a few fractions of an inch to be into the housing.....right? The 64 I had built had zero side to side play when new, and barely any in and out play on the shaft. $.02

Side to side is normal. have you ever felt a s400 frame charger that hasnt had fresh oil ran through it recently? it feels like its wore the F out compared to the smaller frame turbos.

Good price and GLWS

That's why I'm on here so much, learning new chit every day. :Cheer:

I am far from a turbo expert but it only takes just a few fractions of an inch to be into the housing.....right? The 64 I had built had zero side to side play when new, and barely any in and out play on the shaft. $.02

I've owned quite a few new turbos. They all had some side to side play. I'd be concerned if it didn't have any.

In and out is a different story. If it's much more than detectable, its not good!

btw, it's sold.

Back