Sacramento Truck Drags October 10

big jake

Sunday, October 10 is the 5th Annual Fred Owen's Truck Drags at

www.sacramentoraceway.com

sponsored by

http://www.orangevalediesel.com

Fred Owen is 72 years old; he and his old Studebaker Pickup have been fixtures at Sac Raceway for many years. This is his 5th year of renting the track for the day just so everyone can come out and have a good time. This event is open to all trucks -- both gas and diesel. Last year we had about
100 trucks show -- the split between gas and diesel was 50/50. This year we
hope to do better.

Last year we had slow trucks and fast trucks, we had folks come from all over
the West Coast -- we even had a little carnage on the track! This is a fun event -- very family friendly and open to all. Bring your old farm truck, your daily work truck, your full-on competition race truck, your rental truck or even the brand new one your Dad just bought the other day! :hehe:

Trophies will be awarded and if we get enough sponsors, we may be able to have CASH payouts! We have a few sponsors onboard but can always use more support.

For out of towners needing motels, there are plenty along the US 50 Corridor just North of the track. Camping will be allowed at the track.

For event times and more information go to
OR you can call DEAN at 916-989-9747

Hopefully it goes better than the last event held there. Combining diesel trucks and rice rockets went over like a fart in church.

See ya there, been to all five years fred has been doin it
I'm gonna talk to him about doin a heads up diesel class

we have been getting a few sponsors on board and I can now say that we will have cash payouts for the fastest ET on #2 fuel and the fastest MPH on #2 fuel.

again I posted in error, the purse money will include those who spray as well.

this event is now less than a month away, the sled pull that we hoped to have on Saturday October 9 has been cancelled.

Talked to Fred on saturday and there is going to be a bracket class and a Pro Street heads up class for diesels and it sounds like there will be payouts for both classes.

We plan on being there. Had a lot of fun last year. Looking forward to lining up next to Cole and the Red rocket.

In the diesel classes there are two payouts one for fastest mph through the quarter mile, the other is for fastest E.T. in the quarter. This is what the sponsors who put up the money requested.

I just received an email requesting contact info for MLM Motorsports, it seems as the track owner now wants to have a sled pull. I will know more in a day or two.

I have forwarded the email I received to Brian.

stay tuned

Hopefully Brad, Joe, and some other 10 second runners can make it down too, should be some good heads up racing!

Brad, Harvey, Drake and LCD all have put up sponsorship money for this event, so they should all be there

NIce job PONCI'S Diesel CENTER, J&H PERFORMANCE, TOTAL PERFORMANCE DIESEL and LEFT COAST DIESEL. Nice to have some cash prizes to entice some more racers. Should be a fun day and a good turnout.

Lets see what we can do about the gas/diesel ratio.

should be another fun one, hopefully there will be some more 10 second or faster diesel rockets up this year...

James Silva should also be there with the RED ROCKET, he made some impressive passes his first time ever driving it last weekend at Brad Ponci's event in Eureka. His best effort after 3 passes was a 12.3 at 120 mph.

:ft::st::ft::st::tree:

I just received an email requesting contact info for MLM Motorsports, it seems as the track owner now wants to have a sled pull. I will know more in a day or two.

I have forwarded the email I received to Brian.

stay tuned

That's weird. Like a week ago I read (on powerstrokenation.com) that they had already set the pull, then the Raceway cancelled it. Now they want to do it again?

Wish I could be there, but I'll be at a big Hallween race my kid has been bugging me to attend. Sounds like if it is a track rental day then you won't have to worry about the ricer crowd and the endless oildowns and pit burnouts. Have fun!

I saw Nick DAmico at Woodburn a couple of weeks ago and he said that he thought the event had been canceled. Maybe he was just referring to the sled pull?

Back