Sacramento Truck Drags October 19

big jake

The OCTOBER SHOWDOWN has moved north!!!!!!!!!

www.orangevalediesel.com/upcoming.html

Fred's gas and diesel truck drags Sunday October 19 at

www.sacramentoraceway.com

We had hoped to do a sledpull and dyno event this year but things just did not work out in time.

We have it on good authority that there will be some heavy hitting trucks from the east coast for this event.
Come on out and have some fun, see how many passes you can make at the strip and support this event so that we can expand it for next year.

Any questions or vendors wanting to set up a booth or be a trophy sponsor should contact Dean at (916) 989-9747 or email him at dieseldean@orangevalediesel.com

big jake

I should be there if all is well @ work!

I also heard that some un named people from NADM will be in attendance as well!

Well my truck wont be running in time for me to retain the title, but I will be there spectating. Hmm, maybe I can find a loaner truck to race.

I will be there. Maybe just spectating but I am planning on being there.

Dang Cole, I have an engine in pieces as well.

Well the turbo is blown up. Oh, and the motor is sitting in my garage in pieces.

Yeah, I'd ay your gonna be spectating unless the money & time gods are good to you in the next couple days.....:hehe:

Joe

This is Cory btw.

Coles truck is still up and running and he will be racing it on the 19th, as long as it survives hollister. Im sure he will post on here once he gets back in town.

This is Cory btw.

Coles truck is still up and running and he will be racing it on the 19th, as long as it survives hollister. Im sure he will post on here once he gets back in town.

:doh: I should have payed better attention. Cory, what happened to your truck?

I hope to make it down to play. Have a b-day party to attend on the 18th in dublin. Hope to see you all soon.

Does anyone know if they will let a gasser run, possibly "exhibition" passes? My Super-Gas Vega will hopefully be back together around then, and I'll probably make the trip to run Pro-2 bracket with my F350 anyway. It would be nice to make some passes with the Vega to start getting it sorted out for next season. On a diesel-related note, I plan to build a Duramax for the Vega next season.

Don't forget, this is also an NHRDA points event!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Michael:

The way this is set up it is only for trucks, either gas or diesel. Next year we will be able to run cars.

big jake

teaser?

We have it on good authority that there will be some heavy hitting trucks from the east coast for this event.

big jake[/QUOTE]

Okay who's coming from the east coast? I was thinking of attending this event also.

Thanks

Malcolm

Michael:

The way this is set up it is only for trucks, either gas or diesel. Next year we will be able to run cars.

big jake

What if I want to run a diesel powered car? It's legal in NHRDA rules (my Jetta TDI)?

Thanks,
Michael

The race is called Fred Ownes Truck Drags, so I don't think cars are allowed. However there is a grudgefest the night before.
I'll be there with my truck.

big jake

Okay who's coming from the east coast? I was thinking of attending this event also.

Thanks

Malcolm[/QUOTE]

I am in the process of tracking this down, I was told there were a few trucks from Washington State and another from the east coast that would be attending this event in conjunction with the race in Phoenix.

big jake

I hope to make it down to play. Have a b-day party to attend on the 18th in dublin. Hope to see you all soon.

Brad:

will look forward to seeing you, please go to Orangevale Diesel website, you can download the flyer and print up a few for your shop.

big jake

What if I want to run a diesel powered car? It's legal in NHRDA rules (my Jetta TDI)?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael:

I spoke too soon and gave you some bad information. I called Dean Rue of Orangevale Diesel today and he said no problem for you to run the Vega. He asked if you would either call or email him about this.

I have nothing to do with this event other than helping Dean get the word out about it and once again I am sorry about the misinformation and also apologize about any inconvenience.

big jake

Back