Sad News

bluthndr

Talked to David Dunbar over the weekend while he was (as usual) bustin butt to dyno everyone's trucks. He said this was his last event (SDX '11). I guess he is retiring from the sport and already sold his dyno to Garmon.

I for one am sad to see him go. Always friendly, always professional - and VERY knowledgable on these trucks more than he let on - I watched him numerous times look at a dyno graph and and know what had been dfone to a truck - timing, turbo, pump, etc - that always amazed me.

He was around from the very beginning of things, and for those who don't know, jumped in with his own money to found a new sanctioning body for all of us when he was tired of seeing guys get cheated by the (at the time) existing system.

Through all the events over all the years, I never once even HEARD OF him belittling someone's truck, hurting someone's truck, or not getting a good number out of it.

Just an all around great guy, and I for one am sad to see him go. Best wishes to him and his family down on the farm. It's been a good run.

David Dunbar is good people!
Hopefully he'll still come to the events.

I only talked/saw him once- TS pulls when the drags got rained out in 2010. He was cool as hell, and had the best and most effecient dyno system I've ever seen: 2 guys, cranking out lots of trucks on the dyno in a short time.

I had the pleasure of him doing my first dyno run ever with my red truck. Was nice that he complemented on how smooth it ran, and was shocked my young ass was the one that tuned it. LOL

I worked hard the last few weeks to get my truck ran on his dyno one last time! He will be missed!!

Back