safety airbags and factory seat belt

Sanger

When you convert a truck for racing what do you guys do about disabling the airbag system in the truck?

Can you just pull the wiring, the module and the airbags drivers and passenger out, is there any tricks I should know about?.

How do you go about disable the light on the dash? What about the factory seat belts and the seat belt alarm?

No trick to removing the airbags. Simple enough, remove the relay that activates the bags, remove associated bolts for the driver and passenger side bags, disconnect the electrical connectors, remove.

The airbag (SRS) module is center mounted on the transmission tunnel, just behind the plastic U shaped cover and under the cup holder on an auto. 2 plugs there and 4 10mm bolts holding it down.

I just removed 4 airbags during my cab swap. Could send you pictures of the connectors if you'd like.

If memory serves, you need to connect the two wires at the driver seat belt receptacle for the seat belt chime. Can't recall if that also takes care of the light.

I see what your taking about on the Module I pulled the carpet out, it's right there in the center of the cab. I just want to make sure before I unplug it nothing would happen.

If anyone know's what wires I need to connect on the seat belts it would be much appreciated.

cdccb34fe92100609e1f60512935cafc.jpg

1cc9d0f67419859df92202ea64e52e63.jpg

aeb2eb20471a2a373ea3423875c27917.jpg

Pictures of the driver side airbag from an 05. From my findings, everything related to air bags have yellow connectors.

Under the driver seat is a white plug. Looks like I connected the purple with green stripe wire to a solid black wire. Both 18ga wires. There are three other wires for power seats if your truck is equipped.

All this on a 05 CR SLT. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back