same a/r housings with different flange sizes ?

72chevy

So I am looking at a turbo that has the option of t4 or t6 flange with 1.15 a/r, will the turbo respond the same with either housing? Basically, are both housings the same other than the bolt pattern? This will be the bottom turbo (gt4202r) in my twin setup btw.

TiAL Sport.com

One more option to throw in the mix. I've got the 1.0 A/R housing on my 4202R. Spools quick, but gets toasty on the top end.

Neither, V-band.

T4 will spool quicker than T6, T6 will flow more on the top end.

Chris

So I could run the 1.15 t4 housing for better spool up & add an external gate if the top end gets to hot. What size gate would be best?

TiAL Sport.com

One more option to throw in the mix. I've got the 1.0 A/R housing on my 4202R. Spools quick, but gets toasty on the top end.

I did'nt bother to check the link & assumed you were suggesting an external gate. Those housings would make for easy hot pipe fab, I had considered one for an s400 earlier but I could'nt come up with a good way to support the turbo. What turbo are you running on top?

So I could run the 1.15 t4 housing for better spool up & add an external gate if the top end gets to hot. What size gate would be best?

Yeah, pretty much...how much fuel, rpm, spray, etc, etc, etc are you going to run??

Chris

I did'nt bother to check the link & assumed you were suggesting an external gate. Those housings would make for easy hot pipe fab, I had considered one for an s400 earlier but I could'nt come up with a good way to support the turbo. What turbo are you running on top?

3782R on top. I'm using a mount similar to Source Automotive's, which supports the turbo at the drain flange.

Yeah, pretty much...how much fuel, rpm, spray, etc, etc, etc are you going to run??

Chris

No plans for spray, right now I have 5X14 injectors & figure I will need to either go to a bigger DV or injector to make the most of the twins, I would like to be able to run it to 4000 rpm. This set up will be on the chevy in my sig, top turbo being a 62 65 13.

If you don't ever spray it, a 40mm gate should be enough...but probably just go with a 50mm since the price isn't much different...

Chris

TiAL Sport.com

Would the vband housing be closer to a t4 or t6? What do you have for fueling & what is the top end when it gets "toasty"?

Strictly by inlet area, the v-band is larger than the T6, as its a 3" inlet. Fueling is DDP comp injectors on a benched 12mm pump, about 17 degrees timing. Not sure what the total boost is, other than it maxes out my 60psi gauge. Maxes out my 1600 pyro, and takes a good three seconds for it to start moving again.

Back