Sbc dd

cumminsgrunt

enjoying freedom
Is the throw out bearing in a soutbend DD 3850 use a stock throw out bearing? I know it comes with replacement throw out bearing just curious if it had to be replaced can you replace it with a new stock one?

Is the throw out bearing in a soutbend DD 3850 use a stock throw out bearing? I know it comes with replacement throw out bearing just curious if it had to be replaced can you replace it with a new stock one?

Not sure why you would be asking, if you've got the bearing then use the one that came with the SBC clutch as the factory one is different since the factory clutch is a dual mass flywheel design. But who knows, I have not had the tranny out of my '06 yet so couldn't tell ya for sure if they are different but I am sure they probably are.....fill out your signature or tell us what year the truck is your asking about....

Joe

Not sure why you would be asking, if you've got the bearing then use the one that came with the SBC clutch as the factory one is different since the factory clutch is a dual mass flywheel design. But who knows, I have not had the tranny out of my '06 yet so couldn't tell ya for sure if they are different but I am sure they probably are.....fill out your signature or tell us what year the truck is your asking about....

Joe

I thought only the G56 was dual mass?

Back