scheid mod truck

Schied is adamately against billet blocks for whatever reason, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Schied is adamately against billet blocks for whatever reason, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

True!!!

Wasnt that only the second pass on that block? TS was the first and I thought Salem was the week after that! Guess they found the limit of a Cummins Block!

go to youtube then type in kent crowder. when the next screen comes up click on the video for new truck debut. this was takin at bowling green earlier this year. it didnt do to good because the track was horrible. he started drifting left and had to get out of it. i got a chance to look at it up close. they put a third charger on it and a 12 cylinder pump.

Does anyone have a pic under hood of that truck?

12cyl pump?

figured them for a sigma?

I would imagine they don't run a sigma because they don't make them. Same with the block?

go to youtube then type in kent crowder. when the next screen comes up click on the video for new truck debut. this was takin at bowling green earlier this year. it didnt do to good because the track was horrible. he started drifting left and had to get out of it. i got a chance to look at it up close. they put a third charger on it and a 12 cylinder pump.

They said they were trying some kind of new steering set up, guess it didnt work! I was at the end of the track about 5' away and I was about to turn and run!!!!!

I know there is a picture of the mod truck motor around somewere....just with out turbos!

i dont know what the pump was off of but it had 12 injectors in the pump, two that went to each nozzle. they wouldnt raise the hood to get a better look so i had to sweet eye through the fenders. i have heard they have been tryin this pump set up for a while but couldnt get it dialed in. i thiink they got it tuned though if he could have only kept it on the track. i do agree Bosshawg, you can really see him struggling in the youtube video. i want to see how it does in terra haute next month.

good looking truck from their website.......couldnt see the video but hopefully next year i will get to see it in person........

personally from just a cost point of view, i think a billet block and sigma would ultimately be cheaper, cause if a block fails im sure its going to take the crank with it, along with ALOT of other stuff.......and im sure its probably pretty hard to find parts for a 12 cyl. pump.....

I don't see the point of the billet block anyhow. CAT team has trashed more motors than anyone is the past year. Including another last week. I hope they get that thing figured out.

I don't see the point of the billet block anyhow. CAT team has trashed more motors than anyone is the past year. Including another last week. I hope they get that thing figured out.

Sure they have hurt the motors, but they were also able to weld em back together and run again. kents block and the 2 casts ones I've broke this year are junk now. Hopefully the billet is in it for this weekend.

J

This is just my thoughts so nobody kill me for this comment, but im alittle concerned if they dont back this mod class down it is going to be the death of the class. The 3 charger idea is cool but they were blowing blocks with 2 chargers and i believe everybody that runs a mod truck has waisted a block this year. So this class has gotten way out of the reach of the normal poeple when your going through 2-3 blocks a year at 5-10k. Me personally would like to see them go back to the 2 stage max 2 turbo rule non-billet block and have 6-10 mods show up then what they are allowed now with the rules and have 2 show because eveybody else is broke. I also dont believe that the billet block is the answer either as Atley has shown the will also come apart. The question is, is how many times will you be able to fix them until they are fatigued to much to fix and i dont see alot of people replacing block after block until it gets to costly and give up. I think its an awesome class and would love to run in it one day but in the direction they are going theres no way to get in and be competitive

Last edited:
Back