Schied lightning vp

HidalgoGT

Tuned By Disturbed Diesel
Yesterday got the Schied lightning Vp installed (Used was working when taken of another truck) It had sat for awhile before being installed i my truck. Anyhow once installed it would not run. The injectors have fuel and even the return line has fuel in it. Smarty showed several codes one saying no connection between the vp and ecm and the other about the same.
Anyone ever have this problem or is it a sign of a dead Vp? Yes I uplugged and plugged it back in several times to make sure of a good connection.

Yesterday got the Schied lightning Vp installed (Used was working when taken of another truck) It had sat for awhile before being installed i my truck. Anyhow once installed it would not run. The injectors have fuel and even the return line has fuel in it. Smarty showed several codes one saying no connection between the vp and ecm and the other about the same.
Anyone ever have this problem or is it a sign of a dead Vp? Yes I uplugged and plugged it back in several times to make sure of a good connection.

got that code from a plug not plugged in. got excited about thew build and was sitting there cranking on it with the vp not plugged in. fixed it and cleared all codes. fired right up. fuel pressure????

got that code from a plug not plugged in. got excited about thew build and was sitting there cranking on it with the vp not plugged in. fixed it and cleared all codes. fired right up. fuel pressure????

I got fuel to the injectors and even pushing it out of the return to pump line. only one plug in to the vp that slide lock one which we plugged and unplugged several times to be sure. Even smeared a lil grease to make sure of good contact. It is like the brain box on the Vp isn't responding.

Can't remember the numbers of codes but they said no ecm to vp communication and companion software issue. Schied said that the pump (or some part of it) is froze due to sitting with old fuel in it.

Disconnect the battery for a couple minutes? Some electrical gremlins are fixed that way.

The relay that feeds power to the IP isn't having a fit is it? I've had to change out my relay before...truck died in a drive through and wouldn't re-start. Swapped it with my trailer harness relay and away I went...I just happened to have my Smarty with me and read the codes. Was something along the lines of the ECM cannot communicate with the Injection Pump.

Or you didn't happen to mess up the key way when you were installing the pump?

Last edited:
That was one of the codes as well. IT slid right in even made sure to super glue the keyway to pump a lil to make sure it didnt move going in. My stock pump worked fine. Guess switching out a relay is easy enough to try as well.

Tried firing it today and switched relays to try that as well. No go.

Mine did the same thing, just like youres it came off a running truck after it sat for a year but i was able to get mine running. But it smoked an ecm and two edges and never ran right. Take that pump off and throw it in the dumpster before it happens to youre truck and p pump it like i did.

Mine did the same thing, just like youres it came off a running truck after it sat for a year but i was able to get mine running. But it smoked an ecm and two edges and never ran right. Take that pump off and throw it in the dumpster before it happens to youre truck and p pump it like i did.

Actually I am going to send it back to have it fixed and possibly tweaked a bit more. Then I will install and run it as soon as it comes home lol. Start it at least once a week just to be safe afterwards lol. This will be the last VP though. After this it will be ppump time.

Back