School me on nitrous

2001cumminsman

Uh....?
How much of a shot can be used? use it off the line or middle track? i realize nos will increase cylinder pressure do i need to retard timing to keep the headgasket from blowing seeing as the head isnt o ringed? what is the rpm range that it can be used without tearing anything up, do i need a "window switch" anything else i should know or any other helpful info is welcome

I used a small shot on a wide open throttle switch to help spool off the line, and then had a bigger shot on a button that I would push, I would hit the button right after it went into second gear

Use Nitrous Express NXD4000 progressive Boost reference system, use one solenoid. Start ramping it up from 2 lbs of boost having it achieve 100% as soon as the engine will take it.

I have seen the difference between 770 , 850and 941 hp with just the rate of ramp all other aspects of the tune exactly the same
This on a single SB 66 turbo , single Stage 3 Industrial Injection CP3 pump, and a single .125 stage of NX . the bas line on the engine was 574
I do the Tech on diesel products for NX , so if you need help call or PM me

DynoSheet.jpg

ScreenShot003-1.jpg

Use Nitrous Express NXD4000 progressive Boost reference system, use one solenoid. Start ramping it up from 2 lbs of boost having it achieve 100% as soon as the engine will take it.

That's how I set mine up, only I used a pressure switch and a home built progressive controller. I don't have much experience with it yet though since it is just too cold, wet, and icy to even think about trying it much.

I've searched around on here before, but what are people's thoughts on max timing for a truck with nitrous? This is on a truck with a p7100, and I was thinking of keeping it at 18 degrees or below.

if your looking for quick HP on the dyno just have someone crack a bottle in front of your turbo.:evil

I have seen the difference between 770 , 850and 941 hp with just the rate of ramp all other aspects of the tune exactly the same
This on a single SB 66 turbo , single Stage 3 Industrial Injection CP3 pump, and a single .125 stage of NX . the bas line on the engine was 574
I do the Tech on diesel products for NX , so if you need help call or PM me

DynoSheet.jpg

ScreenShot003-1.jpg

Im in the process of trading for a zex kit can i just use that progressive controller on the zex kit? Start ramping it up from 2psi to help spoolup i take it, and set it at 100% when the engine can take it? when would this occur can the head gasket and bottom end handle this at low rpms or only above say 2400rpm? This being said this express kit will be runnin nos down the whole strip?

if your looking for quick HP on the dyno just have someone crack a bottle in front of your turbo.:evil

Thats a lil on the crazy side for me plus im pretty sure they wouldnt let me take the hood off and have someone ride in the engine compartment to spay the nos all the way down the track, im only lookin do use nos at the strip, and possibly a dyno or two

Im in the process of trading for a zex kit can i just use that progressive controller on the zex kit? Start ramping it up from 2psi to help spoolup i take it, and set it at 100% when the engine can take it? when would this occur can the head gasket and bottom end handle this at low rpms or only above say 2400rpm? This being said this express kit will be runnin nos down the whole strip?

I start at 2 psi boost with a 10 % of the nitrous flow , and ramp up as boost comes up this is like a 500 stage kit with one solinoid

mine comes in on a full throttel with a hobbs at 25 psi. id like a progressive controller to help smooth it out so i dont spin all 4 but i just cant afford it right now. want to sponsor me greg?

i like the idea of the progressive controller, but i also dont think i can afford one at the moment, might have to rig it up on a hobs switch like BUS, or button like morkable. the system activating off the line scares me, thats tons of torque, now what about timing do i need to retard it until the head is o ringed?

I start my ramp at 5psi @ 7.5% and ramp it up from there to 100% flow @ 50psi. One .125 solenoid with a .82 jet (if I recall) sprayed pre-cac. Works well for me.

Thats a lil on the crazy side for me plus im pretty sure they wouldnt let me take the hood off and have someone ride in the engine compartment to spay the nos all the way down the track, im only lookin do use nos at the strip, and possibly a dyno or two

i kenew that would be brought up, heck it would be a crazy ride if you can hold on :hehe:

I used a small shot on a wide open throttle switch to help spool off the line, and then had a bigger shot on a button that I would push, I would hit the button right after it went into second gear

what did you use for jets?

I always ran a wot switch and also had a push button to help spool off the line. I ran a .46 jet alot and the truck loved it. not alot of nitrous but enough to clear the smoke with 240hp injectors and a 66. this was on my vp truck.

I wanted a progressive contoller bad but didnt have the money.

my truck hated anything over a .46 jet out of the hole, i didnt have enough air going to mix with the nitrous led to some pretty good bangs and crowd awwwwsss....lol

Looks accurate to me.
A Nitrous jet size of .136" or 3.4544mm should produce:
835.30 HP with 1 port(s).

A Nitrous jet size of .136" or 3.4544mm should produce:
1670.60 HP with 2 port(s).

I suspect it's _slightly_ overstated. ROFL.

Back