School me on track bars

murphy41

So I know nothing about traction bars other than they stop axle wrap.... Will you guys help me out and explain what pre loading the axle will do? And maybe a few pointers on how to set up my suspension for drag racing

:pop:

I don't have them either but assume that I should given my mods / times....

I just never wanted to modify it a whole lot.....If there's a good yet fairly inexpensive kit, it might be worth it to look into....

I need a front drive shaft loop too....That's the most dangerous thing I've left undone...

Im just lookin for some info on them pretty much, cause I dont even know where to start but was told to look into them lol

:pop:

I don't have them either but assume that I should given my mods / times....

I just never wanted to modify it a whole lot.....If there's a good yet fairly inexpensive kit, it might be worth it to look into....

I need a front drive shaft loop too....That's the most dangerous thing I've left undone...
PM toolmanoffroad

He's got a nice front loop, and drag racing weld on bars. Loops are a good idea, ask triton:D

There is a science to how long/where they mount. pullers use long bars mounted near the transfer case, drag racers use shorter bars to help load the rear.
Swole- yes try some! made a HUGE difference in launching and if you have ever seen a slow-mo of a pinion during launch without bars, you will buy them the same day.

brandon make it easy on yourself and just get caltracs. alot of guys run them and love em. i think they are only $350-400 something like that.

also, might help if you clarify the thread title -

Track bar- first thing comes to mind is front axle on a 4x4

traction bar = direction of this thread

Back