Schwitzer s4t. Aka industrials big brother turbo.

NELSON359

trying to keep up
As the title said I was wanting some info on the s4t big brother turbo. I believe it's a 86mm. I've hear some bad and good. One bad is they said the shaft is regular threads and not left-handed threads, is this true? If so bad or ok? Would it work well with a 66/74/.91 box charger?

Seems big what's your power goals? I think a 483 would be a better choice

It is the predecessor to the S500, and shares the same turbine.

Kind of undersized on the compressor side, but as a primary it should still be capable of 900hp, problem is they typically come with the larger 1.45AR housing.

Kind of undersized on the compressor side, but as a primary it should still be capable of 900hp, problem is they typically come with the larger 1.45AR housing.

With that size housing I would have to put 5k gov. Springs to even get it to spool lol. I understand about being small on the compressor side but I wonder why industrial puts that small t3 66 with it.

With that size housing I would have to put 5k gov. Springs to even get it to spool lol. I understand about being small on the compressor side but I wonder why industrial puts that small t3 66 with it.

Because you don't have to have huge compressors to make power if everything is matched better.

Chris

I had one as a primary with a 66/76 19cm hx55 on a 7.3 powerstroke. I street drove the truck with a 1.15 housing on it and was really nice. Spooled well and egts were icy cool. I still have that housing and would part with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one as a primary with a 66/76 19cm hx55 on a 7.3 powerstroke. I street drove the truck with a 1.15 housing on it and was really nice. Spooled well and egts were icy cool. I still have that housing and would part with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1.15 housing??

Back