Scratch on Drivers side Front door (Razor blade?)

glenntamis

I'm seeking help because i just noticed that my brand new TL has a scratch about 1 3/4 inch in length that's fairly deep and looks to have been caused by a razor blade... possible done at the dealer when removing the plastic... I'm really not sure, but upset at myself for not noticing it. It's a very fine scratch... I would appreciate any suggestions anyone would have. Thanks!

I'd start here. How to high speed compound and/or polish video - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

If you haven't done this before, don't learn on your new TL.

Pay a good detail shop to wheel it out for you. If they cant smooth it completely because of its depth, they can add something to make it look as though they have, but it will require upkeep to make it look close to perfect. Just depends on how deep they have to go... and how much of a perfectionist you are.

If its that new, I would at least drive by the dealer and see if they'll help you out with it. Be cool about it. Don't point fingers. Inquire about the possibility of this imperfection being done in prep, and ask if there's something they can do to help make your brand new car that you are so proud of except for...:blahblah1: perfect again. They may wheel it out gratis.

If you feel like pushing the issue, see if you can spot a new one that hasn't been done yet and note the location of any plastic or shipping protection in that area.

Back