SCT tunes

Doppler

Since I'm still new to the diesel world, 2007 F-250 6.0 PS, and six years have passed in 6.0 life who really is the best person to get tunes from? I've read the threads but haven't seen any new posts lately. I've heard about Eric and Matt, but was just curious if they're still the top of the list. Truck is unmodified, except for 4" magnaflow exhaust, egr cooler and oil cooler were replaced under warranty at 85k according to OASIS. Looking for a good daily driving tune with performance and decent mpg, and a towing tune for hauling my rock crawler around. Once I step up and install head studs I'll be looking for higher gains. Just trying to be smart, and somewhat safe, about performing mods while having a little fun still.

id do the egr delete, upgraded oil cooler, a coolant filter and some gauges before putting custom sct tunes on it. but then again i have too many 6.0 horror stories to list.

just my words of advice

I have my gauges already, just have to get them installed soon. Coolant filter is top on my list of mods, cost and ease of install. I've heard pros and cons to the EGR delete, so was going to start budgeting for that, or just plug and weld my factory one. Anyone have any advice on plugging and welding an egr cooler? Had also considered doing a one at a time TTY/stud replacement so I wouldn't break the head gasket seal. Haven't heard of any machine shops around here that will rework diesel heads.

egr delete should be at the top of your list. First thing that will go bad. And it will cause a host of problems. I have all the stuff that you need for sale, all brand new, just sold the truck before I put them on.. I have a thread on here listing all the parts.

Eric at IDP for tunes. Just let him know you need factory stud tunes and he'll get you going. I'm non studded and have had good luck keeping the truck that way. I would suggest getting the egr deleted and oil cooler done soon.

Matt at gearhead. I use him on every truck and not one complaint yet. Just on rear tire usage. Haha

I have used both Eric and Matts tunes,, both very good. I think that Matt is a little better on the tranny management though

I have a brand new one from Sinister that I will sell for a good price,, I also have all the other stuff you would need.

I already have the tuner, oil cooler and egr cooler currently have 47K miles on them. Are you guys running stock oil coolers or air cooled versions? Pros/cons to doing head studs without removing the heads?

Stock updated oil cooler is fine for a daily truck. DoNot!! Do head studs without removing heads!! Lazy way out and will cause more issues than it will help. Plus while heads are off you can make sure they are good.

Back