SD Extravagansa $5 per day entrance fee

bgilbert

VE Guy
Anyone else see this from Scheid's website?

The Fairgrounds Will Be Charging $5 Per Day Per Vehicle Gate Fee Or $10 For The Whole Weekend To Provide Extra Security On The Grounds.

Link: Diesel Extravaganza 2009

For years it's always been no charge to park you vehicle for the Scheid event at the fairgrounds. Which was nice because for years for just about every event at the Vigo county fairgrounds it would cost $2-$3 to park. Scheid's says it has nothing to do with them. Guess it's just another example of someone else wanting a piece of the diesel market. In this case, the fairboard. Better watch doing burnouts guys, should be 'extra security on the grounds'..$.02

I don't think it has anything to do with them want a piece of the market. It was the numnuts last year and at TS that cause a huge problem which probably required the fairgrounds to protect their best interested. I've not been to a event yet ( besides Scheids ) that doesn't charge a entry fee so, $10 for the weekend isn't bad at all

Anyone else see this from Scheid's website?

The Fairgrounds Will Be Charging $5 Per Day Per Vehicle Gate Fee Or $10 For The Whole Weekend To Provide Extra Security On The Grounds.

Link: Diesel Extravaganza 2009

For years it's always been no charge to park you vehicle for the Scheid event at the fairgrounds. Which was nice because for years for just about every event at the Vigo county fairgrounds it would cost $2-$3 to park. Scheid's says it has nothing to do with them. Guess it's just another example of someone else wanting a piece of the diesel market. In this case, the fairboard. Better watch doing burnouts guys, should be 'extra security on the grounds'..$.02

It does not bother me. After what has gone down at these big events in the past. The money going to help pay for extra security and police sounds like a good plan to me.

its better than not being able to come back.... I have no problem with it. I cant wait! Only 3 weeks away!

All the money we spend on our trucks and you going to bit** about $5.

I've not been to a event yet ( besides Scheids ) that doesn't charge a entry fee so, $10 for the weekend isn't bad at all
That's just to enter the fairgrounds. If you want to watch the pulls it's $5 on Friday for Scheid's pulls. $18 for the PPL tractor pull Friday night. $15 for the pulls all day Saturday, a bargain I may say, then $15 for the races on Sunday.

I agree, sign of the times.

Back