sdx 5x14 or 5x16 ???????

DieselSmoke333

say something girl
i know there was thred on these already but i realy didn't get all the info i need on the 5x16. so here it goes i have an hx 40 ofer ht3b 12 v and would like to go with the biger sticks here but im i pushing it with my turbo set up i mean i make at least 70 75 boost but would i still have the drive abilty(meaning i dont mind smoke but how much are we talking?) and control with the 5X16 or should i stay with the 5x14 and wonder if i could have went biger? and my goal is to half way keep it street able but make the bigest numbers i can while doing so. plez help.

you'll be fine w/ the 5x16's... I ran 5x16 JL's on my 98 with a 62/71... it was my daily driver and service truck

yea i know what you mean im hoping to get in to 700's if not well ofer that but i know this will be pushing my driveablity.

it wasn't too bad... it was hazy just driving around normal compared to the 5x14's, but it wasn't objectionable... if you have an automatic with a tight converter, it'll be dirty, but not "400hp VE" dirty

cool yea i will probley give them a shot has any one ever seen the dyno dif between 5x14 to 5x16

I traded my 5x14's for 5x16's, and the guy I got them from lost 4mph in the 1/4... he was running stock 181 DV's and a silver bullet... so that was about a 40hp difference or so

Forrest, a bit off the subject, but how do the SDX 5X12's compare to DDP II's from a towing interest. I know about the different spray angle. I now have the II's and thinking of making a change, but not larger. Don't like the smoke.

how many miles on your injectors? you might have them checked out and popped... they might benefit from a balance and an increase in pop pressures

They are fairly low mileage, use wise. Probably less than 40k. Don't get me wrong, truck tows good and egt's over 1200 are seldom an issue. Just thinking of going back to 145* sticks, but some that are a tad better than the 215's I have on the shelf.

40 hp gain is pretty good im hoping i can get a lil more out of them thow ha well as long as can get big power considering i felt as if the 370's i use to run were not feeding the twins enough fuel. but kinda worried it will get realy dirty when i get the barrels turned and bench flowed?

Back